Electrical Fault with a 2009 International Prostar

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by rosatransportation2014, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Benito

Benito Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2019
    March 28 2019 my international prostar 2011 did just exact the same thing . Diesel pedal went inactive and i totally lost power . Tried to restart the engine but it wont turn on then ABS module flashing followed by electrical fault . Can anybody please help..

2. Benito

Benito Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2019

3. Benito

Benito Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2019
    March 28 2019 my international prostar 2011 did just exact the same thing . Diesel pedal went inactive and i totally lost power . Tried to restart the engine but it wont turn on then ABS module flashing followed by electrical fault . Please help thank you

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Sounds like the engine ecm is not turning on with the key. Check your engine fuses and electrical connectors at the mega fuses on the left side of the firewall by the air cleaner.

Benito Thanks this.
  5. Benito

Benito Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2019
    I just had fixed. You're right it is the ecm. But I am still having trouble with warning triangle and TC . The mechanic can't get rid of this signs on my dash

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The TC is for traction control, which part of the ABS. Since the ABS and engine talk to each other, any time there is an ABS problem, the yellow triangle light will come on too. So you still have an active ABS issue.

7. Benito

Benito Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2019
    I agree. Down below my millage reading ABS Module appears. Do you know ABS module located at?

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Ok, you need to get this scanned and check to see what code is getting logged. That message is just saying which module is reporting the fault, it DOES NOT mean the module needs to be replaced.

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  9. Wannabe tech

Wannabe tech Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Well in my case, my cliffhangers still in my garage, i noticed on the truck i was working the durastar 4400 2016 Maxxforce 9. When i wiggled the body to engine harness connectors my scanner parameters go crazy and i cant get my dad to let me spend the money on wire harnesses. I did find a transmission wire broken with heavy Ds help in that body to engine connector and will not be charging the fleet i work for, for more than a battery service and a oil change (its ####ing embressing my dad isnt happy with me)i know a volvo dealership that spent 8k on wires just because, his ACM wires where corred and wouldnt come off of the ACM my friends truck. Still wont run perfectly, but now it will stop wanting to regenerating 20 times a week.

10. Wannabe tech

Wannabe tech Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Dude thanks for that plug with ECM guy saving that number, i have navkal, but its good to have a contact that can do that, i really gotta find away to thank heavy. But as of lately my diagnosis success rate is at 70 percent , ive always have been afraid of electrical work in my 20s and when i first started in my dads shop running parts and pushbrooming, i never thought my dad would be coming to me for help hes 56, has owned a shop since he was 23. Hes sick, cant wrench anymore and is overwhelmed by this technology.

I was going to take a truck parts sales job for better money and healthcare and he started crying in his office, something hes never done before. He begged me not leave, saying not to give up, that i help people and i should keep trying and that even though you might punt on some jobs at least you just dont throw parts at the truck like a ignorant #######.

As of lately i have a constant flow of work, but i have 3 international trucks that all have electrical phantoms, from -negative readings on the lamnda sensor , to voltages reading disappearing, soot indexs being 150 percent, DSI not communicating properly with my scanner and not letting me run tests.

One thing both these maxxforces all have in common, aftertreatment pressure numbers lose communication and flicker.

Could the cab harnesses to engine harness be the weak link here i also notice when i move the ACM harness to 24 engine connector harness that changes my values of my lamnda sensor also.

I wanna start throwing harnesses at but i dont wanna make my dad look stupid

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.