Elwood Belvedere iL Rail

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by DanMan 98, Dec 1, 2017.

1. DanMan 98

DanMan 98 Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Im relocating to the Chicago Suburbs and would like to start running these new cars out of Elwood IL and Belvedere rails. Im just trying to get an idea of what these rates are As Owner operator, Not trying to go far only around MI OH IN if possible. I used to move the port units out of texas. Im trying to compare rates if similar or If I should consider a different lane. Any one out there have any clue as the rates go?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Unless things have changed, Belvidere is cheap, cheap.

Not even sure who's running what out of Elwood. Don't forget Markham. I know Fords come out of there.

crb and Puppage Thank this.
  4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    When I did rail work I would see tons of Cassens coming in and out of Elwood.

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  5. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    Belvidere is cheap enough to drive right by and wave. Elwood rates aren't great either. I'd move back down south.

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  6. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I regularly load next to a driver working for a United Road owner operator. He runs within a days drive of Chicago from several plants in Ohio and Indiana. He said on a good week he is grossing the truck $8,000. I will assume that it is a hard earned $8,000. If you are going to live there anyway it might be worth taking a look at.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Hammer166 Thanks this.
  7. mike1122

mike1122 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2017
    call brian hartman he is the manager for United road.
    I hear they just got the Toyotas there also

8. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    The work in the past 2 years out of Elwood & Belvidere were not worth the risk for the rates they were paying. Maybe it has changed in the past 2 months? Remember to read the brokerage agreements closely if you are an owner op. Chrysler & VW(nor any mfg really) will not be forgiving.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.