employment gap(was doing assited living help for friend past 5 yrs) and multi old 2004-07 dui's

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by fuel367, Feb 22, 2019.

1. fuel367

fuel367 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2019
    My bad man, thought u were still on the road. Hoping u find the right mechanic to fix the health breakdown. Sounds like u may be in good hands now. I hear ya on the parking situation. Be good for the fed to use some road tax monies and build more rest areas. Putting people to work in the process. Sure there is alot to learn in the industry, especially that 1st year. I'm up for the challenge and will approach it cautiously, safety being top priority while trying to keeping all, management, shipper and receiver happy. Appreciate the tips, can never get enough of them especially from seasoned professionals like yourself. Hope u get back doing what u love soon. Bats, only fobia! Goes back to paper route days as a 13yo. Riding bike back from apt building about 3 miles from home, some nights they b flying over my head, trying to mess with me, ha! Cool whth everything else. Take care x1heavy, maybe will c ya out there someday. Thats my wish for the both of us. Peace!

fss99701 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fuel367

Jan 25, 2019
    yep thanks! Been in communications with him already. Had alot info and real talk to offer! Appreciate it. Be safe, stay healthy. Peace!

ncmickey Thanks this.
  4. fuel367

Jan 25, 2019
    Hey Ridgeline appreciate the comment. Cleaned up means I don't drink and drive, can't remember last time I got drunk in last 12 yrs. and believe in moderation in all things instead of abstinence. Not promoting that approach but it has worked for me. No problems since then and been through alot of rough times, learned to handle them on their own terms without an aid like alcohol, drugs, food, sex or shopping, dig? Applied to 6 so far but until I got on this site, my approach was wrong. Going forward, I'll be answering only what is asked and not offering any extra without being deceitfull or dishonest. Have been in communications with Chinatown and he's been helpfull with info and real talk. Ain't giving up, alot of companies out there and if I can't find a cdl sponsor firm then I'll put plan B in action, state grant hopefully and hook up with a 2nd chance company. Again, thanks for your comment and 'old school' encouragement. Stay safe and healthy. Peace!

fss99701 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Have to make 3 trips to West coast & back before you get their orientation & mileage pay "held until then". I think it's .14 cpm to start and if you stay running with NO hometime pay goes up some. NO detention or layover pay. Can NOT take truck home for hometime. 2nd & 3rd chance company all the way be prepared. Some like it most can't stand it.

6. fuel367

Jan 25, 2019
    Hey Snowman, don't hold back, sugar coat it or anything-lol! Tell it like it is. Yeah, will c how it plays out. Use to hard knocks (sounds like a good handle, if ever I need one)! Is what it is...been researching myself to death to try and make a practical decision. Appreciate you putting it out there man. Safe travels, stay healthy. Peace! GC

7. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Yeah man, good luck..

fuel367 Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Read where they recently doubled their pay.

fuel367 Thanks this.
  9. fuel367

Jan 25, 2019
    not sure which company y'all talking about?

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I think it's Carolina Cargo; a second chance company.
    Give 'em a call; they'll probably offer you a job if you graduate from a cdl school.
    www.carolinacargo.com

11. fuel367

Jan 25, 2019
    Oh ok chinatown appreciate it. got notes all over the place. c ur well organized and deal with a ton more of interpersonal communications compared with me. how bout ur next load in the dirty south, u stop by and help me get my s... together! lol. gotta start putting my obsolete college ed learning to usefull work. thanks for replying man/or mam or just chinatown=both ya! sheishei, zijian, Peace! GC

fss99701 and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.