Enclosed Car Hauling - Reliable Carriers, Pilot Tranport, Intercity Lines...

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by SKYWALKER91, Jul 30, 2019.

1. SKYWALKER91

SKYWALKER91 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2019
    I really have not seen anything recent on here about this type of trucking. I know they stay out for months at a time and get to go to places that most truckers would dream about. What kind of money can a owner operator for Reliable or these other companies make? Do they get paid to sit at an event for a few days until it's time to move on? Any info would be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunnery

Gunnery Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Well Sir, they do make good money . And if you go to a pebble beach with a load of classic or antiques , I Now years ago Reliable would pay there owner operator , $250.00 a day to set but mind you that was in 2011 and 2012 . We hope we gave you good advice going forward Sir.

4. interpreter

interpreter Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2013
    I checked into Pilot, and their guys (company mind you) get paid about what an average guy swinging doors gets. I can’t see the waiting around at shows and the headache of loading for that kind of money.

5. pilots now on by the foreigners the same guy that owns United Road..
    reliable Intercity horseless carriage you better have an impeccable record and you better have car hauling experience or they won't even give you the time of day...
    look at my old buddy Dave sweetman and put in years and years with horseless carriage and just decided to go do some power only recently he's been out here almost 45 years though.
    everybody knows Sweetman in his Kenworth.
    still contributes to landline almost every month with Trucking stories that are great he started back in the day with Ellen Voie who runs now the women in trucking WIT that she founded back in 2008. but she started back in the day with truckers news which became newports Roadstar both of them in those it mid 90s early 2000 could find both of them writing articles
    ever had the pleasure to meet a Dave he will tell you some great car hauling stories delivering cars to the Stars..
    but there's plenty ground level that you can get in with Wagoners take on pretty much anybody I see and there's a lot more.
    pilot transport used to be an American own trucking company out of Romulus Michigan but then the foreign guy who owns United Road bought it out and it's kinda hit and miss..
    back in the 90s when pilate began and it was America known they had a contract with Ford they would go out of Detroit to run straight out to yucca Arizona near Lake Havasu City to the Ford proving grounds that was all that they did taking prototype cars out and testing them..

SKYWALKER91 Thanks this.
  6. Kawinige01

Kawinige01 Heavy Load Member

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    Yea thats all reliables work now

7. seriously what's he doing now. pilots bread-and-butter back in the day when it was American owned was the basically run out to the yucca proving grounds with teams as fast as you could....what the heck is he doing now.
    but of course things change the route 2007 when Ford got rid of the famous proving grounds and sold it out to Chrysler and they bought it
    So reliable got that gig out to yucca that's a great rug to I'll tell you that right now you don't have to go in the Cali or La La Land but out to the desert Southwest outside of Kingman great ride..

interpreter Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.