End of the day

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by griz, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Techno-Trucker08

Techno-Trucker08 Bobtail Member

May 14, 2008
    Duluth, MN
    Oh Heck Yea World Of Warcraft!!!! Thats What Ill Be Doing Too!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thestoryteller

thestoryteller Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Kern County, California
    Okay ....... now you're makin me feel old ........ what do you do in the Warcraft game?

Is it a "war" game, a "witchcraft" game, a ????

Enlighten me you 20 somethings........ (really I am curious)...... :biggrin_25525:

4. Techno-Trucker08

Techno-Trucker08 Bobtail Member

May 14, 2008
    Duluth, MN
    You hit it right on the nail. Its a war game where you use witchcraft. Its unbelievable. Once you get started you cant stop playing. You get to choose the kind of character you want to be and Level Up his fighting ability. Youll start off kinda weak but as you play the game and kill more "things" you level up and your powers get stronger. Im new to Warcraft myself but its reminds me alot of Gauntlet. Thats another wizardry type game.

5. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Well basically you level up a character and try to beat everyone elses character to death with it. >.> Best way I can describe it in a way someone who doesnt play it can understand.

Its fun really give it a try :p

Attached Files:

6. thestoryteller

thestoryteller Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Kern County, California
    I found out long ago I have absolutely no patience or attention span when it comes to video games (or similiar type computer games)..... :biggrin_25512:

I start looking for off the wall things to do with the characters and everyone gets annoyed with me........ I don't see what's so wrong with finding out what happens if the guy jumps off the cliff willingly, tries to stab or shoot himself, or runs his head into a wall....... now that I am curious about.......... at this point, no one will let me play...... :biggrin_25522:

I think my toddler even banned me from playing with some "Crash" dude years and years ago (I remember him looking kinda like bugs bunny would if he was run over by a few big trucks and mangled...) he was on her playstation I think ...... :biggrin_25520:

Your newer games do look more exciting....... maybe once I am in a truck I will try a few....... you never know, maybe they are more my style now..... :biggrin_25525:

Thanks for the information! :biggrin_25514:

7. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    don't play myself, but.... bro-in-law used to play "evercrack" (everquest) now they are back to the new "warcrack" (warcraft) when i did HVAC before this, he would play to 3-4 AM then come to work tired and grumpy all the time LOL

8. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I tried WoW and was profoundly bored...

Then a friend introduced me to Eve Online. Makes WoW look like mud pies at a souffle convention.

At the base, it's not a war game, or even about "leveling up" (you don't, particularly - but you do learn new skills and how to fly new ships...). At the base, as I said, it's an *Economics* game. The idea is to become rich. Build huge corporations.. take over the world if you can (you can't - other corporations will band together and bring you down)

The model is so sophisticated that high-end business schools are using the game to study economics.

Gah - I sound like a recruiter.

Let's just say, during my period of under employment- I played the game nearly 24 hours a day. My housemate plays more than that, I think. If I could find a way to play while I'm driving, I'd do it.

9. Radman56

Radman56 Bobtail Member

May 2, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    IROC, what server you on, PvP or carebear?

I am kind of taking a break from WoW, have 4 lvl 70 chars. Been playin Vanguard for the past 4mos, REALLY like that game, reminds me of Everquest.

Woot.........WoW and gaming ftw ! ! !

How is your connection? Is it hard to find a good one??

10. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I'm gonna try to post this URL..

Link to a comic - meaningless to most, but should be clear as crystal to WOWers

http://crispygamer.com/comics/ding/page0001.aspx

(usual disclaimer - don't know 'em, they don't know me, yadda yadda. I just think it's funny.)

11. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    That's about it:biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.