Entering the world of tankers

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Voyager1968, Jan 30, 2012.

1. pathfinder1361

pathfinder1361 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2011
    miami, fl
    i've never hauled anydrous, what was the result of this leak?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012

Anhydrous means "without water" so it seeks out any and all moisture it can. What makes it so dangerous. Because of the side of the valve it was leaking from, there is no physical way to shut it off. You have to bleed the tank down at a shop and then do a repair to it. Means completely venting it to atmosphere.

I offloaded as much as I could in a remote rural ND site.

I let it sit for a few hours until I could stop seeing anything come out. You know there is still residue in the tank though.

I drove from the SW corner of ND to Minot. like 150-180 miles.

During the trip I got pulled over by one of ND's finest who just felt he HAD to inspect it closer for himself and stuck his head up under the fender for a better look.

He got a nice wiff all right. Snapped his head back and knocked himself out on the fender cold.

The only "communications" I had for help were the troopers radio.

Let's just say there were some excited individuals.

When we went to court to fight the tickets, there were some rather funny snickering coming from his co-workers who came to "testify".

We walked out with no fines at all....

And a VERY pissed off and embarrassed trooper.

LaBubba, misc and pathfinder1361 Thank this.
  4. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks. If I make the switch, which I think will happen eventually, this will probably be my new ride.

Attached Files:

5. 12 gauge

12 gauge Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Missouri
    What company is that?

6. Voyager1968

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    A very small "mom & pop" company here in Eastern PA. Despite a few little quirks, it's still one of the best companies I've ever driven for.

7. Tanglefoot56

Tanglefoot56 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Joliet, Illinois
    Well, from one chattering monkey to another, 1st of all he hasn't been there long enough to be enthusiastic about anything.
    Post what a good job it is 1yr from now.

shroomhauler Thanks this.
  8. Tanglefoot56

Tanglefoot56 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Joliet, Illinois
    Everyone one that post here can spell and put commas where they belong, Cut and Paste, Structure paragraphs in a correct format, it's really amazing that drivers can't do this on the qual-com....LOL

If you read most qual-com replies from drivers you'd think drivers were the dumbest people in the world.

But not here boy, Here drivers are smart enough to be; Recruiters, Dispatchers, Terminal Managers, Brokers, Talk in office codes, It really is truly amazing that drivers don't talk this way on the qual-com.

Another amazing thing to me is; Why is everyone just getting or trying to get a CDL?
    I mean, who comes to a truckers forum to inquire about the woes of the trucking industry and told everything is good and positive? LOL
    Truly Amazing.

9. Voyager1968

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    To whom are these posts directed at?

10. Voyager1968

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just to update everyone, I've decided to stay on the tank side for now. While the bucket drivers are home most nights, their day usually starts between 10pm and 2am. That would kind of defeat the purpose of the switch, which was to be home in the evening so I could spend time with the family. My current schedule is much better for me as I get home around midnight or so, and can get a good "night's" sleep as opposed to trying to sleep while everyone else is awake.

RickG Thanks this.
  11. Voyager1968

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just to show how good the company is that I work for, I was asked by the owner yesterday what color and style of graphics I'd like to have on the new truck he bought and assigned to me. To me, while it's a small part of the overall picture of the mindset that makes up our management team, that speaks volumes about how we're treated where I work.

mgt1085 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.