Equipment inside the truck.

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Duurtipoker, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Duurtipoker

Duurtipoker Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD
    Will hopefully be starting with Roehl in the next 30-60 days.

What kind of equipment are we looking at INSIDE the truck? EPU? APU?

I've heard you need to buy their inverter and can only use it for 2-3 hours?

No fridge? Micro?

Anything else you can tell me that's recent would be great. Not to be rude, but I don't need to hear what they did back in 2012 unless you KNOW they're still doing it.

Ed

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ooops

Ooops Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Ed , a guess - EPU - external power unit ?

4. Iowalobertarian

Iowalobertarian Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Midwest
    Epu , electrical apu, bewer idea to remain carb compliant

5. Iowalobertarian

Iowalobertarian Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Midwest
    Sp bewer equals newer, fat fingers

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I've found a fridge to be useless. It's not big enough for anything.

A whole bunch of electrical gadgets might seem nice, but the truck starting in the morning is a lot nicer.
    Maybe I have bad luck with microwaves, but mine seem to shake apart, and fail.

I use a BIG cooler and a bag of ice for a fridge. Works great, and holds enough for about 3 days, will keep milk.
    I use the microwave at truck stops, shippers & receivers.

If the truck has no APU, then it will probably have an idle system that turns the engine on / off automatically.

I've had the same " SKYWORTH " 24" flats screen HD tv / dvd television for 7 or 8 years, takes a licking and keeps on ticking. You'll want to invest in a cheap aerial for your TV if the truck doesn't have one.

Lots of fleet trucks have satellite radio now. Lots of fleet trucks still come with a JUNK receiver that allows your cd's to skip at every little bump, take that out, put in your own, just save the stock one for when you turn the truck in.

Coffee pot & grinder are a must.

Ooops Thanks this.
  7. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I would recommend you ask the company and/or shop if you can do this. A lot of companies have a "no altering equipment" policy...and if a mechanic see's an after market stereo in your truck during a service, that wasn't documented as installed by them...it is grounds for crap canning you.

I don't know what Roehl allows and don't allow...so can't help you. I personally would need a 1500 watt power inverter to run my coffee pot---and if it wasn't allowed (regardless of who the company wants to install it) it would be a deal breaker for me. I NEED my coffee...not that freaking brown water that truck stops attempt to pass off as coffee.
    ALL companies allow a fridge of some sort. If you're not allowed a hard-wired, mounted fridge, they usually let you bring a 12 volt plug-in one. And ALL companies allow t.v.'s...now, whether they allow you to "mount" one is a different story...better ask.

fargonaz Thanks this.
  8. Duurtipoker

Duurtipoker Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD

Not overly concerned about the stereo. People still carry CDs? I prefer a bluetooth connection and use the thousands of music files on my phone. Or at least an aux cable.

Same kinda goes for tv. I have a tablet that works fine for me.

Guess I'm mostly concerned about charging different things, tablet, phone etc. And a cpap. That is most important.

On the coffee subject....do truck stops have hot water available? I know many smaller places do for tea drinkers, and they don't charge for it. If I can't brew my own coffee in the truck I do have a small french press I use when camping.

Ed

9. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Cigarette lighter chargers are a dime a dozen. CPAP probably would need a power inverter, or APU with outlet's.

10. Ooops

Ooops Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    I do dry camping during hunting season - no water , no electricity , stayed in a tent a couple of seasons. I have used 12v appliances, inverters , generators and propane appliances. I suspect propane is not used in a truck for fear of making headline news. However I have used propane for years in confined spaces and it has never been a problem. I do believe I would stash a stove/grill and fuel for emergencies.

11. imurphy907

imurphy907 Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2016
    You can get cigarette lighter cords for most CPAP machines.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.