Equity Transportation

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Blues_Dad, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Blues_Dad

Blues_Dad Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Ok, I just want to toss in my 2 cents on a good company I work for now. Equity Transportation out of Walker, MI. It's a smaller company, about 250 trucks, 500 trailers, running Freightliner Classics, XLs and Columbias. I worked for the big "mega" company before, and hated that I could never get through to anyone at the office if I needed to. Being with a smaller company, I am able to get in touch with anyone I need at anytime, no problems. But they are not so small that they don't have freight either. I can run just as much as I did with the bigger company. Hometime is also never an issue, I get home whenever I need it, for as long as I need it. I can do anything to the inside of my truck, as long as it is reversible when I turn the truck in. Pets, riders, also not a problem. The pay per mile is a bit on the lower side, .36/mile but with everything else I get with them, it's not a problem for me. I can see how it would be for some of the other "veterans" out there though.

Outcast Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GDaddy

GDaddy Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Glad to hear Equity was doing so good in 2009, I think things have taken a turn for the worse since then.
    Last year they started hiring at .32 cents a mile with 2400 average miles, not a good payceck by far.
    If your driving for them when they have a MASS EXIT of drivers who have had enough BS from them, you get more miles than you can leagally drive=great paycheck, but as soon as they have enuf drivers your back to doing alot of sitting. Speaking of which, They have sent me in every direction to get 500 to 12000 miles from home and do local work,plus refused to bring me back for hometime (on one occasion) because they said "we are to busy to let me have hometime" and waited to reschedule it for the following week, then I sit in Texas doing LOCAL work, two loads a day every other day and just as I suspected they were late getting me home.
    Now when they send you to the east coast you will end up in Perryville MD, with a load to New Haven, CT. A run that pays $74.00 and costs you $140.00 in tolls/scale to get there. Something I can handle if its mixed up with other runs, but 3 of those in 8 days and I had to quit when I end up Paying to drive for them. They let you cash advance up to $150.00 a week to pay for expsnses but charge you .20 on the dollor you don't use for expenses. Problem with that is they reimburse expenses 2 weeks after incurred and take the C/A 1 week after drawn
    I don't know the deal with thier equiptment, some drivers I knew had the truck they started out with, but in the 10 months I worked for them I had 8 trucks because of repairs, that doesn't include the trucks I refused to take because they were not ready for the road when they tried to give them to me.
    Equity is really the worst company I've ever worked for n I've been driving since 1988. I also spent 4 years in the US Army=no pay, long hours and risk your life almost daily.
    Anyone willing to work for them I wish the best of luck.

4. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
    equitys not that bad it is what you make it.alot of the drivers bring it on them selfs by not saying one lil word 'NO' I had 3 yrs in there and made a good liveing running the south.and still have good friends working there. they have there share of s##! to deal with but you can get away with murder!!

5. jaydubya36804

jaydubya36804 Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2017
    Worked for Equity for nearly a year now, the miles are there but the pay isn't. Supposed to be making .39 per mile and getting 2300-2800 miles per week but they conveniently "forget" to add loads to payroll or they "can't read signatures" on some loads, therefore my pay is always reduced for those reasons or the loads simply aren't on the paystub or paid. They are as bad as these big companies! STAY AWAY

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.