Essential Workers – Truckers Among Them – May Get First Access To COVID Vaccine

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Rocks, Nov 27, 2020.

1. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I’ll pass

okiedokie and PacoTaco Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    I’ll take it.

sealevel and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Me too. A virus that makes it difficult to breathe and #### your pants is worse than the Gov. cover-up. It's all about weighing your options.

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Please let us know how it goes. I'm not opposed to it per se. I just want to know if there are any possible long term complications that could arise in the first year or 2. The fact that Big Pharma is protected from lawsuits has me quite nervous.

Trucker61016, Rocks and sealevel Thank this.
  6. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Yeah. I get you. It's the one time in my life I have seen the gov cut the red tape and allow a business to get it done on a fast track. Government didn't make it, just made it happen fast. Modern marvel if it works, and a clear sign that over bloated slow systems don't. I will be the first in line. Your point is valid however.

Trucker61016 and AModelCat Thank this.
  7. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I don't believe half the stuff floating around these days. Its just like when you read the "Report A Bad Company" forum. 2 sides and the truth is somewhere in the middle. I'm sure that principal applies here as well.

8. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Industry group asks that truckers get priority for COVID vaccine
    Article from Truckers News
    BY TRUCKERS NEWS STAFF

"A leading trucking industry advocacy group Tuesday, Dec. 1, called on elected and health care officials to give truck drivers and others in the supply chain priority once a COVID-19 vaccine is approved and ready for distribution.
    The American Trucking Associations sent letters sent to the White House, the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, President-elect Biden and the National Governors Association, asking that the trucking industry’s workforce be included in prioritized access pools along with other essential workers.
    ATA’s executive vice president for advocacy, Bill Sullivan wrote in the letter, “As the trucking industry is called upon to deliver vaccines across the country, it is imperative that truck drivers have prioritized access to the vaccine to minimize the potential for supply chain delays and disruptions.”"

Read the article here.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  9. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Like I wrote on a previous page here, it's very possible that companies may eventually require their drivers to be vaccinated otherwise leave their job.

10. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    If my employer told me to vaccinate, I'd walk straight out the door.

I'm so sick of society and all of its limpwristed sheep.

11. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    We’ll see how the English make out since they will be first to be vaccinated. That should give us a 4 Month window to decide whether or not the vaccine is safe

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.