ESTES Express (5 Year Review)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by KaoMinerva, Oct 3, 2018.

1. jcrack08

jcrack08 Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2014
    The other thing I did when I had a bid run was set it up with a city guy so that he was the one using my truck all the time. He was clean and didn't smoke. That way some random slob isn't using your truck..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I just take whatever. When they dispatch me in one truck, I go get the one I want. Whatever comes behind that, then whatever. I personally don't care at this point.

4. TruckerFit

TruckerFit Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Great post man always wondered about these guys i applied for a regional OTR spot earlier this yr here in socal but got emailed back 4 weeks later saying the position was filled.

I aint trippin tho got picked up by Old Dominion and been here for 3 months now.

What do you guys top out at and how fast are your trucks?

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  5. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Top out for extra costs is .665 and .655 for schedules. Trucks usually go 65-68, it all just depends.

How's the par at ODFL?

TruckerFit Thanks this.
  6. TruckerFit

Mar 19, 2018
    OD linehaul in socal starts at .65 and caps at .70

I lucked out with the cost of living raise im at .67 now

Checks are fat and work is easy

7. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    But them taxes tho. .70 seems low to be in Cali. I may be wrong. How do you run?

8. TruckerFit

Mar 19, 2018
    Yeh i do get taxed a sh itload single no kids but thats how its gonna be as long as am here in this state way of life son lol

I run 6 days voluntarily. Just recently been slowing down so i been unintentionally working 5 days like a normal person.

I was hitting over 2k gross every week but they put my fire out with this slowdown. Grossed 1700 last week working 5 days almost threw up when i seen that paystub

9. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Tell me about it. I'm at .6110 for now. Rumor going around we are getting a fat raise on Jan. 1! I can't wait

Attached Files:

10. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Great write up Kao, I actually followed your postings for awhile when I was in the process of trying to get on with Estes, like Truckerfit I applied for otr regional except it was in Arizona back in January this year, went through a phone interview as well as a interview with the tm at the Tucson terminal, kept in contact with him and the recruiter in Virginia only to eventually get the email that the position was no longer available, the recruiter did inform me that they temporarily canceled the position but to keep in touch, long story short I moved on and got on with Saia as a systems driver earlier this summer, and sure enough that otr position popped up again at Estes Tucson after being with Saia for about a month, but I didn't pursue it, ran hard over the summer and lots of miles BUT like everyone else its slowing down now, less freight less miles you know how that goes.

11. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Tucson is a VERY small terminal. It has less than 20 dock doors. I am considering transferring there. I would go to the big terminal in Phoenix, but it's placed in a very bad industrial area! How's the pay at SAIA!?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.