Estes in Nashville TN

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Chrome1216, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Dwntwnradar

Dwntwnradar Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2016
    I start out of the Nashville terminal on Friday. I can also tell you they are exapanding with the new dock set to open in December, they will hire, according to the terminal manager, between 25-35 line drivers, not all will be extra board he says. Anyone thinking about making a change may at the end of 2018 and hopes for a bid run might have a better chance of hiring on, again according to the terminal manager. I will be starting with extra board, and will see what is to offer at that time.

Thanks for everyone who supplied information and help!

speedyk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Yup they building up there. Hope it looks good

4. Sylentlight

Sylentlight Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2021
    Nashville
    Are you still in nash? My recruiter got back with me and said she sent my MVR to the terminal manager. Im going for the OTR position but im down for local linehaul too. A run to ATL and back everyday would be nice.

5. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Nashville is a huge terminal. You'll probably be running junk that gets cut all the time if you come in on a bid

6. Sylentlight

Mar 18, 2021
    Nashville
    Ah ok got the interview tomorrow, probably just doing OTR for now and try linehaul after I get some seniority

7. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    I'm not trying to be negative but it happens. The good thing is.. Nashville is HUGE. Nashville also runs ALOT of Nashville to Memphis runs. They're always mostly available so you could come in running that. Easy 2400+ miles a week depending on the cut time and if it actually runs good.

The good thing about it is you can run ANYTHING to Memphis because it's all going West anyways. If it's available, I'd say take it to get your feet wet. You can always go extra board later if need be. They won't stop you.

8. zcpower

zcpower Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2012
    How long did it take to get an interview? I just applied for the OTR position in Irving/Dallas TX.

9. Sylentlight

Mar 18, 2021
    Nashville
    Thanks for the advice

10. Sylentlight

Mar 18, 2021
    Nashville
    It took like 2-3 weeks. Apply for every position, then when they call tell them the one you were interested in. They called me for p&d but I said I wanted OTR and I got it. U can try emailing the terminal manager also, its on their website

11. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    I mean I'd recommend you get in where you can, but transfer immediately to Dallas or Arlington. Those are the big bulk terminal with lots of runs and lots of newer trucks. Irving is actually closed I think. The terminals in the area are Dallas, Arlington, FTW, and Grand prairie. Grand Prairie sucks, I wouldn't recommend it, but if it's the only way into the company... Go for it. You can always transfer to a bigger terminal. The point is to get in first.

Same thing I did and I kept calling the driver manager lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.