Estes in Nashville TN

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Chrome1216, Jan 24, 2018.

1. zcpower

zcpower Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Thanks for the information. I see that they also have a FTW solo OTR position open. I will apply for that one as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Keep us posted on your journey. Remember, Estes isn't perfect, but the money is there.

4. zcpower

zcpower Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Interview Monday morning!

5. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Yes sir... Get that money

6. Sylentlight

Sylentlight Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2021
    Nashville
    my interview ended with "lemme get through the rest of the applicants then I will choose" ####. The start pay was 0.74 cpm gotta go out with someone for 2 weeks, had an unsure look when he said that but if he calls back ill prolly take it. Said it could take a year to get a bid run

7. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    He probably shouldn't have said that but the process is long. I only had to be with trainer for a week!

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Curious, this talk of “trainers” in the LTL sector.

My “training” consisted of watching somebody bang a set together once and then doing it once myself.

For the city side once I came off nights was even more extensive. I was handed keys and a stack of bills and and told to beat it.

It took me about 2 years to get a bid run, or at least one that went to an area that didn’t disgust me.

Opus and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  9. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    Isnt the Nashville Estes the one with all the cats? Or is that the Holland terminal? I know its one of the other, but pretty sure it was Estes. Havent been there in almost 10 years.

10. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    I work with a guy who came to FedEx after pulling dump trucks for ten years. They gave him no training whatsoever, he had to get the dispatcher to show him how to use the ELD and he watched a Youtube video to help figure out how to hook a set of doubles.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  11. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    Thats about what my "training" was at Conway. After I was "trained", 1st time "hooking" a set alone (in the dark) took me 45 mins. My forklift training was to move a 10' high stack of pallets form here to there (1 pallet at a time) and back again. Ok, fully trained, now get out there and do the "Conway crunch" on them trailers!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.