Estes regional OTR

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by allen731, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    How is the training process? How long? Separate hotel rooms? Out of home terminal?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jayfromthenw

Jayfromthenw Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Out West
    Your experience may very.

How my training was, first day was training videos and paperwork. Then the next night they had me go on a run with one of the scheduled linehual drivers for a couple nights till I was comfortable. They will show you how to build sets and do all the paperwork . I live locally so just go home every day once you finish. I had no prior doubles experience and after 2 nights I went on my own.

speedyk Thanks this.
  4. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    It's not like the megas bro. Your terminal will be in your city. You do your job and go home.

5. Air Cooled

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Ah 10-4. I’ve only ever been local and with small companies. I wasn’t sure if they send you out on the road for a week with an OTR guy or just put you on a scheduled linehaul. 2 days is pretty quick-good deal. I’ve been pulling doubles for the last 3 years but they are a fixed set-pneumatic tankers, oil tankers, and double belly dumps.

6. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    No. You do schedule with a guy from your terminal. You go home after work and the next week you either go extra board, local, or take a bid. Bids are open in Memphis so you can take one.

7. Air Cooled

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Thanks for the clarification. If I wasn’t headed to the PNW I’d be all over Memphis.

8. pete2951

pete2951 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2012
    RIVERSIDE,CA
    How are the regional drivers scheduled
    In the Fontana, Ca yard and what’s the gross pay I’ve got 37 yrs experience....

9. Jayfromthenw

Jayfromthenw Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Out West
    Regional driver aka extra board bid at large terminals bid on start days. You are out for 5 days in hotels and home for 2. California has a slightly different pay than the rest of the country. Should be. .61 and .695 top pay plus $10 for building or breaking a set and hourly for on duty since your in California, I'm not exactly sure of the hourly pay. There are a few Estes guys here but not sure if any are in CA. I hope that helps.

10. pete2951

pete2951 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2012
    RIVERSIDE,CA
    Thanks for the help!!

11. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    California doesn't get paid like we do. El Paso and further is Estes west. They make more

dwells40 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.