Ethical...well, not really ethical but looking for opinions

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Rusty Trombone, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    R model Mack and a great boss? Sounds like a dream job to me!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    And videos. Lots and lots of videos. Just hang in there. You're paid for every second of it.

ZachG91 Thanks this.
  4. ZachG91

ZachG91 Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2017
    Dayton, Ohio
    I'd hope so. How many days did that stuff take?

5. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    It kinda depends on how they do it there. They might do an all-out assult that takes a full day or they may break it up and have you do some each day after your work with the trainer. My TM wants them done ASAP because he gets annoying reminder emails each day until they are finished.

Those videos keep coming at you for several weeks and then taper off, but you'll never be "done" with them. Even Mike will occasionally have to watch one (the first driver ever in the company who still works at your terminal after over 35 years).

Sorry for the late response. You're probably learning about all of this right this moment. Have fun!

ZachG91 Thanks this.
  6. ZachG91

Jul 1, 2017
    Dayton, Ohio
    The videos really sucked but it was doable.
    I did them in about 4 hours. Surely there are more to come. Then I got fork lift certified and then came home. Not such a bad day

7. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Sounds like you're in good. Dayton just received an award for best regional carrier. I chat up their drivers sometimes when I'm heading back from Missouri, and they all seem content.

Bob Dobalina and ZachG91 Thank this.
  8. ZachG91

Jul 1, 2017
    Dayton, Ohio
    Definitely happy to be here. Ready to get things rolling

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  9. ZachG91

Jul 1, 2017
    Dayton, Ohio
    Seemed like a pretty easy day. Only 6 deliveries and a ton of pickups. Trailer was full when we brought it back. Didn't encounter any tricky driving or any hard maneuvers. Definitely giving me a false sense of confidence lol, took us 11.5 hours, made some decent money.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  10. Rusty Trombone

Rusty Trombone Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Well first day is in the books. Started off talking with the terminal manager for a bit about vacation and discipline things and such. Then went out with a driver and did mostly deliveries and a few pickups then back to the “barn”...as I now know it called, lol...for forklift training.

About an 11 hour day. Driver I was with said about 9 hours a day is pretty normal. 5 hours of ot a week is good with me. I’ll take all I can get.

road_runner, Bob Dobalina and ZachG91 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.