Ever been a worse time in recent history to buy a truck?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by asphaltreptile311, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    To answer the actual question, no I would not say this is the worst time ever to buy a truck simply the most expensive time.

4. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    It is incredible how deep the river runs in the corruption of Wall Street and politicians. Pelosi was making 5 million dollar moves in profit last year, oh wait that was her husband she said! Things will drop when “they” want it to. I think she’s worth 100+ mill with a 200k is salary lol. These truck prices are designed from some group somewhere making a killing. A lot of medium sized fleets “had to shut down” but in reality realized they could make more profit selling the trucks vs operations for say 3 more years. Only people hurting are the regular folk. Nantucket and friends loving the action!

5. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    These trucks will eventually sell for high dollars to a company or driver who has a customer they need to take care of or lose an account
    They will be able to absorb the extra costs either by maintaining the customer relationship or with the higher rates right now

I don’t think we are going to see these prices drop much if at all
    New trucks are more $ and those dealers aren’t going to lower prices when they know we’ve been paying them and higher new means higher used
    Same thing will happen in stores and restaurants.
    No one is going to lower anything

6. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Most of the truck shortage is chip shortage same thing with autos. Lower labor participation rate/ covid surges for the general economy.

But being worth a 130 million on a couple hundred k a year. Obviously a stock market genius. Lol. 535 members? More than half are millionaires.

7. supergreatguy

Nov 26, 2020
    its insane dude. I was digging into how and why they can do it and get away with it. The conclusion is that it’s like a legit club. Truly above the law. It all comes down to citizens really having little power. And their excuses are always the same face Joel olsteen made about that 600k (I think) dollars the plumber found in the churches walls on accident. Lol

8. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    When you're the governing body that makes the laws then yes, you'd be above them basically by definition. They have to be a little sly about it so as not to annoy too many people at once, but know full well the American public has very short attention spans for such matters.

9. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    More people are bothered by some minister making piles of money than are bothered by the people who make laws affecting stuff making piles of money off the results of those laws. Osteen didn't get a penny from anybody who didn't want to give it to him.

10. supergreatguy

Nov 26, 2020
    As for religious leaders, it’s a breach of intentions and integrity to be wealthy. Especially to hide and cloak resources. You’re speaking to countless people who are giving, yes, but they are CONVINCED to give in deception. The test of integrity doesn’t stop at the givers hands. There is no Jesus that would agree that a rolls Royce is an appropriate outcome of being blessed. The problem is stupidity in the house of a snake.

both leadership groups are evil.

the law makers will go to Nantucket and enjoy shallow relationships with backstabbers and watch their offspring and theirs suffer with trauma and drugs.

I used to live in the same neighborhood as the owners of taco casa. The entire family besides them were meth heads. I watched them first hand as a kid. 750k dollar household in 2009 littered with trash and meth.

77fib77 and shooter19802003 Thank this.
  11. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    Will the price go down or up in the next year?
    With rates up how long will it take to pay it off?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.