Ever fallen off the cab of your truck?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by truckthatpassesyouby, Jul 11, 2017.

Ever fallen off your cab?

1. Yes, once.

34.8%
  2. Yes, more than once.

31.8%
  3. Not yet.

33.3%
  1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I sweep my trailer quite often. I do it also at shippers dock, if I can. I don't mind, little exercise. However, In the last 12 months a peculiar incident happened to me twice. When I was at the edge of the trailer and wanted to scoop the trash my entire left leg went in between the trailer and the closed dock plate....and I got stuck. Scary as hell. The first time was very painful, a guy had to rush for a J - bar to move the trailer a few inches. The leg was so swollen that it resembled an elephant leg. I did not learn from it. A few weeks ago it happened again, but I was able to get the same left leg out on my own, not swollen but bruised out. I think I am destined to lose my left leg eventually.. Years ago I fell off an open deck while tarping and it was not as scary.
    Anyway, always raise the dock plate before entering the trailer.

JReding Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Green_20

Green_20 Light Load Member

May 24, 2012
    North Carolina
    What? lol

4. Green_20

May 24, 2012
    North Carolina

Was he wearing cowboy boots driving a peter?

5. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    Fell of a load of hay two weeks ago. Only about 8 feet up. Bounced off the back deck of the truck and hit the ground rolling. Did it in front of 4 cattle pods. Hopped up and went back up. Hurt my pride. Leg is still soar.

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  6. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Road Train Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Retired in Taunton Ma
    Had to pull the truck up in order to pull down the roll up door . It was an old door that took effort to close . I yanked on the newer strap and found myself on my back with the strap in my hand .I broke my wrist and wound up on light duty for several weeks which was far worst than the injury

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  7. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Lol, KW W900 and sneakers.

8. Green_20

May 24, 2012
    North Carolina
    ####, that would've been funny!

Radman Thanks this.
  9. Boattlebot

Boattlebot Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Trying to fix a tarp in somewhere. Had to clb up on top. Shuffling around. I'm legit suprised I didn't fall and but my head open

10. TaterWagon#62

TaterWagon#62 Medium Load Member

Oct 15, 2016
    WNY
    I fell IN my cab once. Does that count?

I tweaked my knee helping unload the box I was dragging around one day and didn't really think much about it. As I was climbing into the cab my knee gave out and I nearly face planted the shifter.

11. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I have hit my head while under a trailer and smashed a finger while closing a swing door between bent handles and the door enough to not do it any more.

does this count?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.