Every camera company is a bad company.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Shackdaddy, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Highwaydrifter61

Highwaydrifter61 Light Load Member

May 5, 2019
    I'm retired after 38 yrs. My attitude about companies with cab facing cameras is if they don't trust me with their equipment then they shouldn't hire me. I got into this in 80. The company would give you toll money maybe a road atlas and keys to a truck with bills to a loaded trailer. No cameras or GPS. Just deliver the load and call us when you're empty.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. westcoastie

westcoastie Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2022
    pacific NW
    I don't like the driver facing because it gives over-zealous office flunkies a career. I can see a desk jockey jumping all over a recordable event and requiring all kinds of "coaching" and training and other over-reactive stuff purely to justify his function in the organization. Making a mountain out of a molehill, ya know...?

A lot of these office folks don't even hide their contempt for drivers, who they see as lowly, non-college degreed grunt workers. They think we're a bunch of stupid children that must be constantly watched/corrected/scolded. Like most bureaucracies, the more paperwork/red-tape (in the name of 'safety', of course) they can generate, the more work they have. It's bad enough without video. The driver cams just give one more way for them to look like a hero to their boss by pestering the drivers (who're making their job possible in the first place) over non-sense.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    On the other hand.....what about the driver watching videos, while driving 65MPH down the road, or texting the current girlfriend? I don't like driver facing cameras, but they are here. because of the above stated reasons, and more.

5. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    "Every camera company is a bad company"

I dunno, i think nikon is fine

6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

Hassleblad is good, too.

Boondock and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Polaroid!

TB John and Boondock Thank this.
  8. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
  9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    When I go to KY tomorrow afternoon my camera will have finally been installed. I told my boss that the first thing I am going to do is cover the inside lens and microphone hole with black tape. Shouldnt be an issue since they told me they were not using them.......

10. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    :ky:
    :D

11. Shackdaddy

Shackdaddy Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2021
    Sand Paper.

Bumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.