Exеrсiѕе while on the road

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Vickys6, Sep 13, 2017.

1. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    i do a prehab regimen. it's like rehab, but instead of waiting till i'm old and useless, I've already started a preemptive strike on flabbaghood. i'm trying to focus on using everything that will break, daily, even a little. specifically: KNEES. BACK. air squats, torso twists, and the Winnie The Pooh. you can do flutter kicks off the bed, and there's just barely enough space to do 1 lunge forward. squats are the best (ONLY?!) way i've found to expend calories in a truck, they are the biggest muscle you've got, and it takes a lot of energy to move your f a t a z z torso up and down NO? GET SOME.

if you position the seats right the arm rests of the cascadia are perfect for dips with legs on the bed, but i got some power blocks now so no need to keep rearranging the furniture.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I'm yard spotting so I get some walking and stepping in. I need to start getting more gym time though.

4. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    I do LTL work OTR so i fingerprint an 18k pound load of 120pcs of freight in a days time.

Still, I've noticed it wasn't enough and I've lost a lot of muscle tone in my legs from all of the driving over the years.. and my butt looks like I eat No Acetol pills by the hadful..
    So I started doing 100 squats a day.

It's really helped.
    Legs are stronger.
    Strong legs help with blood flow.

I have this mental stigma about being judged if seen working out beside my truck.
    I'm getting over it.

Smut Thanks this.
  5. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I agree. Especially if a driver is looking for something most effective. Spend the least amount of time to get some results. Or lets say...really doesn't want to do anything, but has to do something. Even just ten of these a day will change that driver.
    One to step up to with a kettlebell is: Turkish Getups. Boy does that do ya.
    I consider using clubbells on the road. Only problem is they 'appear' too much like a weapon.

6. Skootlez

Skootlez Light Load Member

May 19, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    I lost down to 309 last year and gained 40 of it back when I started driving. Totally didn’t prepare myself for the road lol. Today I decided enough was enough and got some supplies from Walmart. 25 pound dumbbell, and plenty of water. I’m going to work on my food intake as I go, given the options we have.

It’s going to be a process to get down to around 230, but I’ll get there. Keep in mind I’m also 6’3, 350 pounds. I’m built large anyway, so I really can’t wait to start throwing this dumbbell around lol.

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.