Ex Patriot wanting to return to the US

Discussion in 'CR England' started by MikeSmith, Oct 19, 2011.

1. MikeSmith

MikeSmith Guest

I've been living out of the country for the last 2 years. Have a CDL , but haven't used it in 10 years. An honorable discharge from the Navy 1987. I have a foreign wife with no drivining experience that wants to team drive with me.

Please advise

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I see this is an old post, but I'm also ex-Navy with a foreign wife from Mainland China.
    We lived in China for awhile and own a nice home there.

MikeSmith Thanks this.
  4. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Hey, me too. Retired from the Navy in 2011, wife is from the philippines and we live in the US now but were full time there 2017 to 2019. Now she's riding in my truck and deals with it better than I do. She wants nothing to do with getting a CDL though. She wants to get a real job lol.

MikeSmith and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I know a lot of Americans retire there. It seems like a decent place and I've known a lot of Filipinos and they're good people. Although, it is close to China and I wouldn't rule out China taking over someday while the U.S. is unwilling or unable to do anything about it.

Chinatown, MikeSmith and jsnell Thank this.
  6. MikeSmith

MikeSmith Guest

Hey Chinatown ✌️ Ya, that’s me. . I didn’t forget you. We did some chatting when I still lived in Bj. Before that 7 years in Las Vegas. We gave a lot of thought about trucking in LV but we’re settled in the most unremarkable place that I’ve ever lived in. Scranton pa. 6 years with QC they’ve been good to me/us. Moving into a new townhouse July. There’s a good chance that we retire in LV in 10 years. The wife’s 47 and graduation a registered nurse next year. How’s by you?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    OK, now I remember you. I was living in Tongzhou district and we chatted about freak weather at that particular time was different from where you were even though we were in the same city.
    Still have my home in Tongzhou and won't sell it. Have it rented now.
    I was thinking you went to Stevens Transport as a starter company.
    Congratulations on the new town house.

James j and (deleted member) Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I love China and really miss living there. We try to spend the summer months there; 2 or 3 months at a time.
    This COVID kept us from going last summer or this summer. I'd move back and stay forever if the wife would agree.

MikeSmith Thanks this.
  9. MikeSmith

MikeSmith Guest

you’re in Henderson now ? I lived very near Bj south rail station, fangshan and near Peking airport. I left at a good time. Last I heard they were throwing guys like me in jail for teaching with a fake college diploma 2010-2014. Stevens sucked bad. We earned dirt, but we got through it and things are good now, except I’ve been running a lot harder than I want to. They can’t find drivers or ones that can or will do the job. The wife and I are saving our money home bodies. Next year when she’s working I might go somewhere else that doesn’t run me so hard.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yeah, we bought a home in Seven Hills, Henderson.
    Your wife is pretty and looks real young. Mine's the same way; still looks like she's in her 20's.
    `
    Yeah, they cracked down on foreign teachers. One was Nigerian teaching English. Couple of his students tried talking to me and I couldn't understand a word they said. Their parents were furious when I told them the guy is a fake English teacher.

MikeSmith Thanks this.
  11. MikeSmith

MikeSmith Guest

I had a great time there. Everyone there treated me great, The wife’s free to go back for a visit, but me, I don’t want to. Plane ride, my first month I had the runs. I went there bc I lost my small business and had no other good choice. A nice place to live but I wouldn’t want to visit there I think. And the recent political climate. The wife’s parents visit her brother in California so I doubt that she’ll go back. She loves going to China town Philadelphia. She’s home sick like I was, but Philadelphia s scary. That’s a big thing about China, people aren’t worried about street crime. America s getting really bad

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.