Example of Schneider tanker pay

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 19d, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Cuban_P

Cuban_P Bobtail Member

May 1, 2017
    South Jersey
    Makes sense. Just wondering about that source was all.

Hell, even freedom ain't free brother. Thanks for sharing your experience.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cuban_P

Cuban_P Bobtail Member

May 1, 2017
    South Jersey
    Sounds about right for the starting cpm.... Otherwise, things would be looking kinda bleak. Then again I hate math...

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Does Schneider Bulk require a TWIC ID Card? If so, will they pay for it? @fsi1212

5. fsi1212

fsi1212 Bobtail Member

May 3, 2017
    I messaged him. Thanks.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    I can tell you that they don't pay for twic for otr van. But they do pay for hazmat

7. fsi1212

fsi1212 Bobtail Member

May 3, 2017
    Thanks. I'm a veteran so I think my local school may help me out with that.

8. nickst

nickst Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2016
    Twic is not required and no they will not pay for it

fsi1212 Thanks this.
  9. Turbo Diesel

Turbo Diesel Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Curious, why you are not able to park at home ? Is this company policy or, you have nowhere to park at the house ?

19d Thanks this.
  10. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Well the tank wash is in Charlotte next to operating center. And when you go back to work you will 95 pct of time need to go to the tank wash to pick up an empty trailer. If I was to bring the tractor home for off time I would be dropping a dirty off at tank wash then bob tailing 2.5 hours to the house in Sanford nc then when going back to work I would have to bobtail 2.5 hours back to the tank wash to get whatever trailer is needed for my work assignment. So it would be a lot of diesel burnt for nothing. The biggest problem I believe is it's not like a van hauler, they can bring any empty home with them and then use it to go get loaded with anywhere when leave out back to work. For tanker yankers the type of trailer is dependent upon the work assignment. You just don't know what type of tank trailer you need to bring home so you can't plan ahead like that. I know some drivers that bring their trucks closer to the house and park at a tank wash or something. But for me the TW is all way back in Charlotte so I rather drive my car home vs the truck 2.5 hours anyways

rhouston24 and Turbo Diesel Thank this.
  11. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    One good thing that happened in April is tuition reimbursement for cdl school went up to 200 dollars form the 150 it was at. For 5 years or till loan is payed in full I get 200 every month. I'm a veteran and used the post 9/11 gi bill to pay for my cdl school so it cost me 0 dollars out of pocket. But Schneider still pays me 200 a month anyways. I don't complain I just accept it and move on :)

rhouston24 and Turbo Diesel Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.