Example of Schneider tanker pay

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 19d, Apr 6, 2017.

1. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Yea I'm only company, not brace enough to pay any truck notes yet

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    200 dollars of my pay I just remembered is tuition reimbursement also

4. gillz107

gillz107 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2016
    New York
    Do you work as a company driver? O/O? Those numbers you pull are pretty impressive from my point of view. I haven't even hit $1,000 on my pay as a company driver for Schneider yet. And I make 45 cents per mile
    Edit: Oh, I seemed to have missed that post saying you are indeed a company driver. Oh, I also forgot to mention that I'm a OTR driver as well. So I don't know if regional and local guys make more or what. Or maybe I have a crappy DBL?

5. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Yea I'm company driver, I'm also OTR, been driving just over a year and have only ever worked for Schneider. I just worked 21 days straight 30 May - 19 June. I received 200 dollars tuition reimbursement on the 1581 pay check so it was actually 1781 with tuition but doesn't show on the pay thing. Below I attached pics of my pay for the 21 days. I make atleast this every time I go out. Often It's alittle higher, I'm only at 46 cpm. My DBL is in Coraopolis and I'm out of Charlotte NC. They run me as hard as one could probably run. I do very long runs pretty much every load I do. I think I'm very lucky, and has a lot to do with I've never been late for any load or unload time.

Attached Files:

patsy Thanks this.
  6. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    So plus my 200 for tuition reimbursement I grossed 4600 bucks for the 21 days. I have been closer to 5k before but I would say this is about my average for 21 days when I work them straight like this.

7. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Oh and I post the pics just because someone can claim anything but You never really know till you see the numbers I feel.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  8. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    As otr driver at 45cpm you should be making good money. Their has to be a short coming in the link somewhere. My guess is it's your DBL or something. If I didn't make over 1250 for 7 days worked I would quit. That's the gods honest truth

9. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    I been thinking about your comment since earlier. Especially the part that you can't make 1k a week. If you are brand new maybe you just need to get alittle more experience under your belt and they will start giving you the longer better runs. Some loads require 6 months and some require 1 year experience, but you might have 5 years experience driving tanks from another company I didn't get a chance to ask yet. But anyways you should definitely be grossing a lot higher pay checks every week. You must be out of Keasby nj? From what I've heard it's the tuffest terminal to be out of buts this is all hear say. If you are knew to trucking or tanking atleast try to stick it out and hopefully it will get better. If you are still not getting the miles talk to the terminal manager and explain to them what is going on and get assigned a new driver manager. It is your drivers managers responsibility to keep you running and give you the opportunity to make a good paycheck, and being under 1k every week for living in a truck being gone from your family is not up to par. Either something is gonna have to change or once you get the time in and experience gathered under your belt you may have to make a change to better yourself and your family's living. If you are anything like me the last thing you want to do is to ever quit a company that gave you your start but if the money or the work is not their then you have no choice. I really hope you jump on this forum from time to time and keep me up to date on what happens with you. I wish you the best of luck on whatever happens, maybe things will turn around soon for you here at snbc. Someone or something is failing you right now, if you figure out what it is and get it fixed your pay will drastically change for the better. Just remember to stay on top of your NAT so they can plan your next loads also.

gillz107 Thanks this.
  10. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017

Got to ask how you can't be hitting 1,000 gross yet as an OTR driver, especially with the per diem program they have. Just driving 2,000 miles would gross you, 830 at .43 per mile. Six days of per diem the first week out is 288.

Just those two alone is over 1100 gross. If the miles aren't quite there, isn't there also pay for things you do at each location? Not sure how one gets paid for that stuff yet. Is there some logging system to report what you did? They say 25% of your pay is for things other than driving, so I am wondering about that part.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    gillz107 Thanks this.
  11. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Here are my numbers at Superior Carriers for 2016. I grossed 64K.

Days worked 100% perdiem ......90
    Partial days 75% perdiem ..........123
    Local..............................................6..
    Total days worked...................,,,.219
    Days off ......................................146

Average wage $292.24 per day

Friday June 30 is the 26th pay period of 2017. It marks the mid year point. That makes this calculation very easy and will allow accurate comparisons between companies no matter the method they use to pay you. Simply look at your logs and count up the number of days you logged any work at all on lines 3 or 4. Divide your year to date gross by that number and you will have your average wage per day for the first half of 2017.

rhouston24, 19d, QualityMike and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.