Example of Schneider tanker pay

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 19d, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Laruuk

Laruuk Bobtail Member

May 20, 2017
    North Charleston, SC
    I went with Schneider bulk. A lot of my decision making process was informed by this thread. Got through the classroom training in Coraopolis last week and am OTR with my TE right now. Chilling out for our ten at the Pilot on I-30 exit 78.

The classroom portion had some challenging sections, but nothing really hard as long as you pay attention to the details - stupid chicago fittings... My class of inexperienced drivers started with eight and ended with six. The instructors are good and genuinely want you to be a successful driver.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. audeygdad

audeygdad Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Hampton roads,Va.
    Anyone work out of Charlotte that can get me in touch with the bulk dbl?Thanks.

4. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    19D works out of there. He'll be on soon, or you can PM him.

audeygdad Thanks this.
  5. Lifestyle

Lifestyle Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2017
    A month into Schiender bulk and finding out there is a lot more to learn the money is decent made 1150 this week

MarkH129 and scythe08 Thank this.
  6. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Congrats. We learn nothing about pulling tanks in my school, so everything outside of the NC manual will be new.

7. audeygdad

audeygdad Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Hampton roads,Va.
    @19d can you help with a ph# on tanker,thanks.

8. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Number to who? Just regular Schneider tanker recruiting or are you prior Military? They have a good recruiter too talk to then. If not then any of them will do

9. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Is Kara the recruiter for military? She is who answered when I called. Got zero credit for nearly 21 years and honorable discharge upon retirement due to it being over 2 years since retirement.

Still leaning toward Schneider Bulk, but their offer is no different or is less than most who run tanks and do military apprenticeship. Superior is offering much more in base salary for the first year and good home time, so they may win out in the end. I've got a few weeks to decide. Thanks for all the info.

10. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    If you have the opportunity to start at superior, I would jump on it and not look back, to be honest. They are mpst likely going to be my next carrier

slim shady and Mortarmaggot Thank this.
  11. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    If Schneider is not going to start you out at the higher pay rate then go work for superior.. superior will pay you 51 loaded an 42 empty, if Schneider would honor your military time they would start you at like 48 cpm for every mile but if the don't then they will start you at like 41 cpm and I wouldn't take that. This is just my opinion, I like Schneider and love working here but you gotta go where the money is.

MarkH129 and slim shady Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.