Example of Schneider tanker pay

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 19d, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    It's all in your frame of mind. I could complain about my pay but to make more $ I would have to go back to work again and I would much rather truck then work again.

LoudOne Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Right.. I'm ok with the work and money that's for sure.. I don't mind a ruff day from time to time.. atleast I'm by myself and nobody to manage under me

Cuban_P and gillz107 Thank this.
  4. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Thanks for the thread. I'm looking at going into tankers after I complete training in June. Your pay is better than I thought it would be. Whew! I know the training pay is the worst part, but that's six weeks. I've spend the last month researching and putting together my plan of entry into trucking out of Fayetteville, NC. Options are a bit slim for tankers with no experience, and the Schneider Terminals aren't nearby. I'll use the Roadmaster job gal to find my tanker gig.

VA is paying for school in June, so I'm putting things together and spending some time with my kid's between now and then. Hopefully I'll be rolling in July.

Scouts out! (Former A 1/17 Cav for a couple of turns in the box)

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    I was in Fayetteville when I started with snbc, I live near Sanford now. It's definitely worth getting trained and experience then finding closer to house.. I hate driving to Charlotte to go to work

6. BKLusk64

BKLusk64 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    I live in Fuquay Varina and drive for Venezia. With one year tanking 0.50 per mile loaded or empty, 24 load or unload for first 2 hours, 22 per hour after that. truck maintenance, tank wash or and thing company related 16 per hour. haul mainly motor oil and additives. Had been getting by the house every weekend but have been doing some loads from NJ to LA and TX so been staying out a bit more.

7. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Where is your terminal or you park at?

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Paulsboro NJ ..... motor oil central

Njhandofdoom, rhouston24 and Orange713 Thank this.
  9. BKLusk64

BKLusk64 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    I park near the house in a small shopping center parking lot that has some space. I mainly load out of Paulsboro, NJ, Bayoone, NJ or Linden, NJ. They run 48 and canada. I mainly stay east except for the TX and LA loads. Some weeks are a lot better than others. But no chem suits and most places unload you. All you have to do most places loading is prep the trailer. If you do canada you get a 65 mph truck, if you dont it set at 70 mph. I do canada some so I am stuck at 65.

rhouston24 and 19d Thank this.
  10. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Dang that's along ways from Fuquay Varina nc

11. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    I can't wait to get a little load going back south. I been in the mountains all week.. gets old

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.