Exercise and healthy eating for the OTR truck driver

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by lil daddy, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Change your nick to Pizza_Trucker!:biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    If you made that kind of money, why would you want to be a trucker ? Nobody flips off the pizza guy !

4. Paul313

Paul313 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2012
    South Carolina
    Cuz I got 7% of it. not the full 1900, trust me I was pulling that cash I wouldnt. However! You dont have to worry about going into crap neighborhoods where no one has a light on and making sure you grab the pistol before you get out either. And the pizza guy well some people like him, heck most do. But theres a segment of our population that views the pizza guy (the guy they called up and want food) as the bane of their existence. Some people love nothing more than giving me crap for what I do.

5. cuzzin it

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    :yes2557:Given that idea, i've been making about $200K a year as a trucker... ha ha i slay me ! As for crap neighborhoods ? ummm Chicago, or any big city... and for people giving you a hard because of your profession.... Tat never, ever ever happens to truckers... uhh uhh never....... :mlaugh:i really slay me:mlaugh:

6. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    news flash! Out of work comedian becomes trucker! Video at 11

7. cuzzin it

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Takes one to know one..... ha ha

8. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    tn
    POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD BUT NO RESPONSE. HOPE SOMETHING KICKS HERE

Need some help with Cholestorol! Got my numbers back and they where around160.
    Now i dont eat bad, while driving i snack on oranges,banannas, trailmix, gronola, fiber bars. if i do stop ill get a subway sandwich. I eat one hot meal aday which is generally dinner. Now for the worse part bad habbits: drink coffee by the gallons and smoke. So tell me why is my score so high? I walk every day, wieght is good BP is good.

9. cuzzin it

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    You're getting a lot of sugars. i'd switch out the trailmix and Granola. And go with oats and Bran, read the labels. Get stuff with out Brown sugar, evaporated cane syrup, Fractose, corn syrup solids, etc. Get stuff with more basic ingredients. Snack on raw veggies and limit meats to 2-3 times a week, choosing chicken over beef or pork.
    That's what got mine back to normal, Basically i limited meats, diary products and processed foods.

10. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    this made a huge difference on how i feel and the weight i have lost over the past few months.. well atleast a simlar approach

im thinking it is going to be harder to find canalope and honeydu and even tomato;s with the winter setting in up here but i love to cut up a melon every couple days or eat a tomato like an apple.

11. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    tn
    thanks, have done the veggies and fruit thing, but finding the low fructose and suger is hard looking at the grocery and seems all are high either in fats or sugars or it taste like cardboard!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.