Expedite Companies, Who's the best?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by BKahuna, May 27, 2009.

1. mizz_b_havin

mizz_b_havin Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2008
    winter haven, fl.
    I am looking to get into this expediting. I need to start from scratch tho, need my class B and whatever else is required, thats easy enough...But how do I find an owner to put me in a truck? I want to run solo doing this. How is a gal to get started? Whats the best thing for me to do? Thanks in advance for any advice.:biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Krooser

Krooser Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    The best thing to do is to run as fast as you can from it.

First of all you live in Florida.... freight in and out of the SE is all but non-existant... it's mostly automotive freight... you'd never be home unless you deadhead there.

Second... regardless of what you may hear you sit A LOT.... often days at a time without any load offers. 1500 paid miles is often TWO WEEKS of work. The companies use the old "Robert's Rules" (from industry innovator Robert's Express (now FedEx)) and anything you do that isn't "approved" will result in the company "punishing" you.... put you out of service, to the bottom of the board, etc.

Expedited freight is expensive to use for the shippers... everyone has cut back on shipping costs and use it only as a last resort or for SOME high dollar, high priority loads.

Dispatch plays the same old game... they keep the "new" guys busy for the first few weeks to "set the hook" then you get ignored after that because the next class of recruits goes thru orientation. And so it goes...

They will also book a long haul and split up the run into two or three sections so the guys who are stuck without any revenue get a small piece of the action.... but not enough of it!

Many fleet owners are struggling trying to keep new "meat in the seat" so getting paid is often difficult.

Plus solo drivers get the worst freight.... almost all is booked for teams...

I did expediting for 2 1/2 years... when I got "in" in '99 I was making good money. When I left in '01 I was starving...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  4. Krooser

Krooser Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    No because the guys who own the trucks need drivers... you don't "lease" the truck, you run for a percentage of the freight and YOU pay the fuel... but you don't own anything.

5. Freddyb777

Freddyb777 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Hey was wondering g how much money up front to come aboard with panther??? I have my own van 2009 cargo van 78,000miles...thanks freddyb

6. johnnyreb0706

johnnyreb0706 Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2012
    virginia
    If you're interested in expedited..check out Diamond Delivery Service. I work for their truckload side of things and have for almost 4 years. Greatest people I've ever worked for. That said, they are not v perfectand may not be a good fit for you. Vehicle needs to be in excellent condition and your record needs to be squeaky clean. I am just a driver and I don't lie about stuff so if you've got questions, message me.

7. edlavey

edlavey Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Going to work for express-1 I hear good things

8. Bigdaddy00

Bigdaddy00 Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Nashville Transplant
    for a newbie question , what would you consider cheap freight? ($)

9. TennTrucker

TennTrucker Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Dresden, Tn
    uploadfromtaptalk1365554564836.jpg

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

10. fsebastian

fsebastian Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Looking into expediting, has anyone heard of Bolt Express? good or bad?

11. fsebastian

fsebastian Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2013
    hows things at express !? do they use o/o cargo van drivers?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.