Experience Tracker for Prime Inc. Tanker Division

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Phillosopher_trucker, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Phillosopher_trucker

Phillosopher_trucker Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2019
    Springfield, MO
    We have load charts on our tanks, and we have several different series of tanks with different capacities, for the most part we try to maintain a zero heel tolerance policy, We can’t do anything about it when we’re having to pump on an incline, And I’ve only been to one shipper that actually used the dipstick while loading out on the racks.

surf_avenue Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Phillosopher_trucker

Feb 20, 2019
    Springfield, MO
    Also, we don’t use Imperial gallons here at prime, Neither do any of the shippers or receivers we go to, they go by scale weight.

surf_avenue Thanks this.
  4. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Most of the charts are now based on cad-cam and are not as accurate as the actual surveyor measured charts from E F Saybolt. They were based on leveling the actual tank and metering in water. on level ground they were very accurate.

A lot of tank farms, especially when loading multiple products +/or when loading from a railcar use measurements at the loading rack and trot you around to the scale for each product anyway

Phillosopher_trucker Thanks this.
  5. Phillosopher_trucker

Feb 20, 2019
    Springfield, MO
    I will get a picture of our simplified load charts lol, they have them completely dumbed down.

surf_avenue Thanks this.
  6. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    I know what they look like, been theoretical charts since the 90's..

Provost was also building FRP tanks for corrosives so they had a water meter to calibrate them and used it to make charts from imperial to liters when Canada went Metric from imperial English. they already had US and English gallons side by side as their cross boarder business was extensive.

Phillosopher_trucker Thanks this.
  7. Phillosopher_trucker

Feb 20, 2019
    Springfield, MO
    I meant for the people who have never seen a chart ;)

wis bang Thanks this.
  8. Phillosopher_trucker

Feb 20, 2019
    Springfield, MO
    Whats going on gang! Just wanted to check in and give you guys a report, we went from Port Newark,NJ to Richmond,CA this week, Two days before I got there a big surprise happened… Yep you guessed it my heater went out again, and I was hauling palm of oil in one of these 2019 Peterbilt’s, Which can’t heat a tanker unless the in-transit heater is working, So as you can guess the load got rejected, we had to drive over to Stockton to get it steamed up to temperature, sit around for a full day, and then bring it back to the receiver the next day, luckily on my original stop at the receiver I was there a day early on a Thursday and was able to get it unloaded by Friday or else I would’ve had to stick around until Monday, we got out of there and headed straight for Indiana to get this thing fixed, I sure am having a lot of great luck keeping my heater functioning lol, Still making really good miles and still averaging around $1300 gross/week. I posted a new YouTube video that includes our load charts as well as a little information about heel if anyone cares to check it out! Hope everyone out there is doing great and making some bucks in this rough economy this year, hammer down y’all! Heres that video!

motocross25 Thanks this.
  9. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Good thread you have going here @Phillosopher_trucker one question I have is I can’t help but notice you keep using the term “we”. Who is we?

10. Phillosopher_trucker

Feb 20, 2019
    Springfield, MO
  11. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Got it. I knew you had experience I didn’t think they were sending you with a tanker trainer but I wasn’t entirely sure. Thanks for the reply, keep on with the thread it’s interesting. Hope all is well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.