Experience with YRC ( includes YRC, New Penn, USF Reddaway and Holland

Discussion in 'YRC' started by ACH1130, Jun 19, 2012.

1. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Lol they are all gone, didn't last long

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    today did a 116 first(Long Island) then you guessed it... ANOTHER 145 third day in a row, 145 terminal is such a cluster %%%% and you drive on hells highway going there. Going to 116 though they decided to close down the LIE for 3 exits making an extra 2 hour drive time. Oh well one more night then off till tuesday. Time starts are cancelled for the holiday and I dont feel like signing up to work

4. CrazyCool

CrazyCool Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Great Lakes
    It was the Winnebago 500 today on the roadways, good god. So many campers. TONS of people towing pop-up campers, I'll never own one of those, I like my 5th wheel, Queen size bed, Full fridge, bath, a/c.

5. Desert_Skies

Desert_Skies Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    Can one of you current YRC road drivers tell me the policy as far as transfers are concearned? It would be a road driver to road driver transfer. Im betting its a quick slide to the bottom of the board at the new location if its even possible.

6. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    you have to be on the union list. And without a change of operations yes you will lose your senority, but will keep all vacation and personal time off days

Desert_Skies Thanks this.
  7. Desert_Skies

Desert_Skies Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    Thanks for the info. Thats about the same as over on the grocery side. I was going to try a transfer from Portland to another Kroger DC in So Cal (Ralphs) a few years back but it would have been a slide from 32 on my board to somewhere in the high 200's at Ralphs.

8. Squonk

Squonk Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just arrived in St. Louis @ 10:45 pm @ it's still 85 degrees. Jesus!

9. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    well Im having a good weekend. As of today I put about 120 miles on my bike since yesterday, the GF is riding my jobs old junk heap thats like 15 years old, today my dad and his gf went on his bike and joined us, went to J&R steak house for some AWESOME steaks (ever on Long island gove it a shot, they own 6 locations) Paid the bill (im such a good son). Earlier we were watching this show on best truck stop foods on Food PAradise. They even say want to know good places ask a trucker... as soon as the said it my gf looks at me and says well aint that the truth LOL. She is right, good friend of mine I work with, you want food hes the man to ask, heck he will find ways to get to them.

Well Im just chillin for now, the gf is out cold (not used to the wind riding a bike I guess) Maybe Ill clean out the garage tomorrow so I can bring home the 57 pickup from my cousins house... and to keep my dad happy

Also I got the firebird back on the road finally... took all summer but it drives great... now time for round two of taking it apart

10. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    How is Yellow doing this days? They offered me part time P&D down here in Orlando. I politely declined, they called me too late, I had already started full time linehaul at another company. My question is... was this a bad move? How are the layoffs going on? I just saw it as a fragile option, uncertain, too much looking on the long run of things, I know that sticking long enough with a company like YRC would pay off a lot more but I just don't have the patience. Any input?

11. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    Just depends I guess. If your job is paying good, treats you well and is keeping you busy, then to heck with YRC! Part time at YRC usually isn't to good from what I hear. YRC is definitely not the place it once was. It still isn't bad but not like you should worry about not taking a job there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.