experienced belly dump and super dump driver wants otr

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by super dump driver, Oct 13, 2018.

1. super dump driver

super dump driver Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2018
    Owned tandem dump for two summers bought 10000 piece o crap and I sold it. That is only reason for notbuying 30000 dollar tractor yet. Dot numbers and million dollar insurance I understand. But trying to convince myself that a little more money means less problems. But I am dreaming now. Applying to W.W now. Really appreciate your thoughts.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Paddlewagon

Paddlewagon Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Llano Estacado
    You need to find a small outfit. A company that doesn't have recruiters. You definitely have some limiting requirements for your next gig,but it may exist. Good Luck

4. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Where abouts in Colorado are you located? It seems to me that you have a decent truck, but a piece of a south end of a northbound horse trailer.

Oilfield is HOT right now. Hauling crude is only a small piece of the action. If you want to mix in a little long haul, then hauling equipment on a flatbed would give you that option. You can either PM me or just tell where you call your home 20.

Edited to add: if you aren't getting at least $800-1000 a day revenue to the truck in oil field, you are doing it wrong.

5. super dump driver

Oct 13, 2018
    In Gunnison Colorado lepton 1.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    That's a bit of a ways from the Denver area. Not sure as I can steer you to a gig.

Oilfield is a good paying field. If you catch a good job now, you can ride it until the next downturn. After that you can look at your options.

7. super dump driver

Oct 13, 2018
    Yup I agree. Badlands Tank Lines. Is telling me I can make 400 -450 a week if I work for them and offer free housing. That kind of money could help me. In Greeley close enough to still do family and put money away. The cons are deal breaker for me I think. They slip seat trucks and beat the crap out of equipment. And not sure I can live in a house with other people. Jericho in North Dakota. I should suck it up and go to Greeley while money is good. Certainly getting good feed back from you guys thanks. GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER it seems

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  8. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Look up the reviews on Badlands. Nothing but bad. I’d second guess leaving a guaranteed paycheck for that

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.