Experienced driver. New life in Tennessee. USX option

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by skinnytrucker79, Jul 22, 2018.

1. skinnytrucker79

skinnytrucker79 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I’m from Milwaukee Wisconsin. I have a very good career with a current company, not rich I’m not gonna thump my chest and make up fake numbers but I do average after taxes on a “Meh week” $900 to a run all your hours week $1,200 but I also just closed on my very first house in Gatlinburg Tennessee (7-20) final moving date for September, they are a good company and want to keep me. I know it’s not uncommon for a driver to live a ways away especially if they have a good income but I can at least entertain my options knowing USX is a few hours away. I already know the recruiters games . Their website is a $5,000 sign on bonus (I already know how these work) and 70,000k a year which I already know is BS so what’s the real story from experience drivers, not fresh meat wet behind the ears drivers . I know what I need to make and what I’m willing to accept , I’ve already rubbed some other recruiters the wrong way becuse I’ve call them out. Of course I’m just coming with a negative attitude, No. I come with a clear mind and not stary eyes . Again I don’t NEED them. Just exploring my options of my new home

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    i always see the rejects at the stop sign. when driving on 75 threw tunnell hill

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  4. skinnytrucker79

skinnytrucker79 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I’ve heard stories of trucks trying to go through the Gap 441 between Gatlinburg & Cherokee NC . We get a couple water head drivers but they get shown the door . Seams the bigger companies reward you for ignorance

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.