Experienced drivers # Marten?

Discussion in 'Marten' started by Wheat Light, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Wheat Light

Wheat Light Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Salem, IL
    Does anyone have any information about experienced drivers at Marten? I see their trucks going through this area all the time.

Here's some questions:

*What pay do they start experienced drivers (I've got three years)?

*What transmission they use? I'm assuming 10 speeds.

*What are their regional runs like? I saw they had one running out of Atlanta, but I don't know how close you have to live.

*Do you get to pick the truck you want to drive? I know they have several different makes. I didn't know if you got the choice, or if they just stuck you in one.

Thats about it I guess. Supposed to go to work for Heartland, but if they dry van doesn't do it for me, I might be looking for another reefer job. Looking into all the reefer companies now.

Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    I have only been here for 5 months but they are ok. 3 years exp would start at .38 per mile for otr .36 for regional.

Transmission depends on the truck model you get. They have 9, 10 and 13 speeds.

Living in Knoxville you would be within the area for SE regional but I am OTR so don't know much about it.

They just assign you a truck but you can request to be switched but doesn't always work. I am still stuck in this 379 5 months later but I am hoping to get to Mondovi to try to get a new truck.

4. Wheat Light

Wheat Light Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Salem, IL
    Ok, thanks I appreciate it. Seems like a pretty good company from the few guys I've talked to that have worked there.

5. TNspeedy

TNspeedy Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    i live just east of you.....i am goin in 9 days to drive with maten

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.