Experienced non cdl Hotshot driver looking for employment

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Gonzo1300, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Ryan S2016

Ryan S2016 Medium Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Western North Carolina
    There are a couple schools around here in NC not far from the upstate that have pretty decent rates for class and even offer just doing the road test if you have your CDL permit already. Besides myself there are only a handful of people I know running hotshot around here under 26 K most are in bigger cities like Charlotte and Raleigh. Don't know off hand anyone in the Upstate doing hotshot but there may be a couple guys out of Greenville and Spartanburg. Did see an add on Craigslist for drivers but not sure whether they wanted CDL or not

Good Luck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gonzo1300

Gonzo1300 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Yeah I know Craigslist by heart right now. I fast of Greenville. Godhead non CDL and CDL Hot Shot drivers while he was doing this hauling cars no big deal kind of thing. I talked to him on the phone about 20 minutes and he said come on down put in an application with heart and I'll show you the equipment. I drove about two hours. They're a guy at his shop said he would be back in about 4 hours mind you I was there at the time he told me to be. Set there for 2 hours and his guy that works on cars while. There and wanted my phone number and said he will call you tonight and I said I drove two hours I'll sit here all night if I have to. Then another person come out there and was asking where I was from and basically a verbal application and he said well we only need CDL Drivers and they would not talk to me anymore. Craigslist is a crapshoot that's for sure.

4. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Gee whizz, go all that way for nothing. Well it is for something don't anyone would want to work with someone like that.

5. ExpRep7

ExpRep7 Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2017
    South Carolina

Gonzo1300 Thanks this.
  6. Gonzo1300

Sep 30, 2013
    Private Message sent. Call me anytime. If for some reason I dont answer please leven me a message and I will call you back within minutes. I posted something like this on Craigslist taking a chance and paid for it. I got 19 calls in 7 hours of people wanting you to post there adds on Craigslist. All of it is a scam. They put up real estate ads and people call them wanting to head there and have a place to stay and they send first month's payment to him then they get no money back because they are overseas. And the course if anybody really gets mad and takes the time to file charges the only person that takes the blame is the person posting the ad hence your screwed lol. I'm not a dumb southern boy I research everything

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  7. Gonzo1300

Sep 30, 2013
    I absolutely love the hotshot gig but no company's in my area seem to be doing it so I have talked to 6 different companies and it looks like Monday I will have to make a decision and commit to one of these places and sign my life away for a year for no money. Don't have the money to go to a school so right now it's either that and possibly lose everything I own because of income or just stop driving. I like is for sure. I'm 3rd generation. Also my brother and both uncle's drive but it's just not I the cards for me. Probably just going to hang it up. To many regulations and laws changing anyway. It's a dam shame lol

8. packpusher6

packpusher6 Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I’m also a non cdl driver looking for a hot shot position.

9. packpusher6

packpusher6 Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I’m a experienced non cdl hot shot driver and I’ve seen my fair share of garbage hotshot business owners . They just don’t get it either racist like Phil Campbell Alabama or just a idiot like Avon Indiana or just green to the industry like Jackson Mississippi I cannot seem to find a good company for nothing . Someone point
    Me to the right place I love running the road hauling hot shot freight some lady from Indiana gave me a job and her daughter dispatch would call all day begging to push the load then the minute I miss my 30 minute break they get to #####ing and fired me smh . Her husband said they were a ##### to deal with saying he even had to stop driving for them so that meant a lot to hear him say that . But I’m in bad need of a job .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.