Experienced truckers who eat healthy on the road.

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Bizzarrogeorge, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Sometimes when I make a smoothie, I don’t use ice or frozen fruit. I just add all my powders and what not to an almond milk throw some Greek yogurt in there and just shake it up in a shaker. But yes I have a Nutribullet as well. I just rinse it out. Usually in the fuel aisle they have a hose with water. I keep a small jug of water on the truck as well to rinse things out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. a.paul

a.paul Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2021
    I get freaked out by just rinsing things. I’m a mild nutter lol

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I wipe out my blender and water rinse it. I bag any dirty dishes that i may accumulate and wash them at a truck stop, either in the sink near the coffee area or the sink when i shower.

5. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    I rinse pretty much all dishes with water, wipe with a Clorox wipe, then rinse and dry.

Pretty much only use one pan and stove. Solo cups, paper plates, and platic forks/spoons.

6. F4T6UY

F4T6UY Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    I actually precook at the house. Make a lot of barbecue, and since I’m a hunter, I have a pretty decent vacuum sealer. Usually have about 20-30 portioned packages in my freezer. Grab enough meals for about a week to keep in the fridge. Need to get one of those fancy high dollar freezer coolers since I’ve been staying out longer lately.

But, that doesn’t help the OP.

Adapt and overcome for the training period. You’ll find inventive ways.

When I didn’t have my fridge, I would take about 5 avocados, and cans of tuna/salmon. Mix em together with hot sauce. Made a great filling meal. Would snack on jerky, nuts, hard boiled eggs. Hard boiled eggs I would find in the truck stops. Everything else would fit nicely in a backpack to be tucked out of the way with some other non perishables.

7. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Sounds as if some have been listening to destination health an doing keto slash carnivore kinds of eating. Definitely nothing wrong with that. Lost 20 lbs myself by cutting out all the processed garbage.

8. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    Left out the part where I have my bullet proof coffee in the morning and that holds me over til noon or so…

But yeah, I lost close to 100lbs in 10 months about 3-4 years ago. Holding steady on weight since then.

But I do like donuts….oh how I do like them thangs

9. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    Went from 315 to 220ish. Now I’m at 235ish or so….or so…

####### donuts…

10. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Same here. Lots of fish and venison in the feezer. I also make meals up that are healthy, like soups, chili, and pasta dishes with wheat pasta.

I dehydrate these meals for backpacking, and keep several in the truck. No refrigeration. Add water in the ziplock and let rehydrate. Then warm

11. Bizzarrogeorge

Bizzarrogeorge Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2022
    That's really good stuff right there! I know it wasn't easy at first, but you're probably right on track with your program to stay in your desired weight range. And you did this while driving for a living- that is good to hear!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.