Extreme knee pain

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by KevinTT, Oct 4, 2020.

1. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Knee pain occurs from over usage. As Truck drivers especially working P&D we are in & out the truck frequently therefore eventually wear & tear occurs over time. I also use to train heavy (weight lift heavy squats 405 lbs to 505 lbs 10 reps etc..) so from my early 20's to now 50 years old it's taken a toll on my right knee whiles my left one is beginning to hurt. Bones have the strength of lifting 6 times the humans body weight however the cartilage is where the problem is eventually wearing down. Best thing to do is br carefully when stepping in & out of the truck or else knee replacements will occur quicker.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danny707

Danny707 Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2019
    same here after I turned 30 I left the heavy lifting alone now I just do more reps less weights. In my 20s I was lifting heavy construction equipment and materials then hit the gym right after work did the 400+ pds dead lifts , squats, bench and heavy tire outside. Now at 31 I’m taking it more easy doing more cardio as well and still hitting the gym 5/6 Xs a week and feel just as strong and lean.

McUzi and NorthEastTrucker Thank this.
  4. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    Stretching, exercises, knee brace when needed.

5. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Fish oil or eat a lot of fish for the omega 3’s. It may help some with the inflammation. Knee brace or sleeve may help.

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I don't believe in knee braces, belts etc. They tend to become a crutch and don't allow the muscles around the joint to get stronger. Even when I powerlift I don't touch the belt until I'm above 3 plates on heavy compound lifts. My knees hurt when I started squatting but not using a brace has allowed them to get stronger. I can rep 275 with zero knee pain now vs sore knees at 135 when I first started out.

TexasKGB and '88K100 Thank this.
  7. Jay5GS

Jay5GS Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    you gotta stretch

8. Shep Shiloh

Shep Shiloh Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2008
    IN
    I've been doing produce deliveries using a ramp for the past six years. Best thing I've learned is to never overload the cart, I lean the cart back to lower the center of gravity and no running down the ramp. By itself it is good exercise. I'm 50 and plan on doing this until I can't anymore.

9. TexasKGB

TexasKGB Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Fiddler's Green
    This right here. Learn the cart and control it.

10. Famoussw

Famoussw Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2024
    Hang in there, and I hope you find relief soon so you can focus on enjoying your new job!

11. Kardwo

Kardwo Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2024
    Starting a new job can be challenging, especially when you're experiencing knee pain. It's tough to deal with discomfort, especially while navigating ramps for delivery. Many truckers in similar situations have found relief by using knee braces for added support. These braces can help reduce strain on your knees and make navigating ramps more manageable.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.