F.T.I out of Detroit,MI

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by urdangerzone, Jul 15, 2015.

1. urdangerzone

urdangerzone Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2015
    Ok so the recruiter named Faye for FTI made a lot of promises and I had a friend who went with them and she talked about how get they were too so I decided to try it out. They're an owner operator company only so I got into a lease with them for an 09 international.
    Orientation was great,they ordered me nice meals and treated me like I was a person and everyone was great. They have an office in Canada and I did a Skype interview with the woman who was to be my dispatcher her name is Shannon-that went well too. Everything was all good until I actually got in the truck for them. The trailers have holes in them,I mean big enough for my foot to fit in,air leaks and I mean massive air leaks on the trailers,tandems won't slide,wiring problems so lights don't work,broken hinges so the doors hang sideways when you open them,thin cracked brake linings etc.Rolling death traps,I was scared driving them around. I would get yelled at trying to get them to fix things and they would say things like "just do this load then we'll fix it" or "none of our other drivers have a problem with the trailers,why is it you do?" and when I answer that the others really don't do pretrips because this obvious loud hissing noise coming from the brake chamber shouldn't be happening they tell me I'm a driver not a mechanic.
    At the beginning of the lease there's a 30 day "anything wrong and we'll fix it" so I made a list of everything wrong and gave it to the shop but they said they were waiting on dispatch to give them permission to work on it at the yard and dispatch kept telling them no. On my 29th day there they tried saying I had never mentioned anything to them about the truck needing work and "ooooh its gonna be close we have to check and see if you're under warranty still."
    They would give me bad load#s for a month ago,send me places to pick up reloaded trailers that another driver took,send me doing daycab work for 200 miles,nobody was really on the same page. They wanted me to run illegally. if I ran out of hours on the Qualcomm they'd say ok but then call me to yell about how I was being lazy after a full 14 hours at work.
    The office people out of Detroit were all great,it was the Canadians I had a problem with. My friend who said they were great only stayed long enough to get the 2000 sign on bonus for me coming to work there. I'm getting ready to go to work for Carroll Fulmer and I really hope I can trust that they take care of issues with the equipment,don't yell when I refuse to break a federal law and are just...not excellent not even great just good decent people to work for. I don't think that's too much to ask for

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. urdangerzone

urdangerzone Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2015
    Should I have said the home office instead of the Canadians? The home office is in Canada so I just went with the country,its easier to swipe on my tablet than home office

4. Prisonerof thehighway

Prisonerof thehighway Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Michigan

5. Drivin4fun

Drivin4fun Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Phoenix Az
    I think you should get your facts straight before you start running off at the keyboard. I know if you tell them there is something wrong with the trailer, they will have you get it fixed. If there is something wrong with your truck, they will get it fix. You are so so wrong about Shannon, she will never ask you to run illegal. Aren't you on e-logs? I am here to say you are wrong about your friend only staying to get the bonus, first you don't get the whole thing at once and second from the sounds of it you have not bee there long enough...

6. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Hey Shannon. Welcome to TTR.

thejackal, JimmyWells, Milty and 4 others Thank this.
  7. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    There will probably be more folks stop by to verify or deny the allegations made. And hopefully they'll have more than one post to their credit here.

8. Drivin4fun

Drivin4fun Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Phoenix Az
    I am not Shannon

9. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    I was at fti on flatbed they never yelled or were harsh or did they ever refuse to fix anything on the trailer. Was never asked to run illegal but I was short changed on some of the milage . It wasn't a huge amount but they were upfront that they use Rand McNally shortest for pay. Had a few tarped loads that I wasn't paid for. Shannon she is a awesome person she would never ask a driver to do anything illegal or yell at anyone.

JohnnyBigRig79 and Drivin4fun Thank this.
  10. truckin4fun

truckin4fun Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Shelbyville Tn
    OK as for the first post on here. I drive for fti and have posted on here in regards to the company
    The trailers are older and some are on the rough side but I have not ever ran across a trailer like he is talking about as for getting things fixed I have never had a problem getting repairs done in the Detroit yard or on the road.As for the running illegal you are on e logs.... don't happen.. Mike won't allow or put up with it. Plus Shannon is not the type of person to ask you to do that as far as load numbers are given when you get a load never had a problem so I don't know why you are having this much trouble and yes I deal with Shannon every day

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.