F2F Transport / Farm2Fleet: My story with no happy end...

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by mp4694330, Jun 9, 2016.

1. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

Hey Red, thx for the explanation, don't want to hijack the thread but the bottom line was I kept the name of that company (and phone number, probably the most valuable asset) and refiled with my address and my name and they did issue me a new MC#.

It was a lite haul div. that I had bought out, there were running about 75 pickup trucks running mostly rv's and boats, I knew the owner and had leased a couple of trucks with him early on, but he wanted to retire and had no takers.

Several years later, I decided to get out of that business and made sure everyone had jobs before we closed the doors, I tried to keep the authority "on the shelf" just in case I would ever consider getting back into it, but the FMCSA said I had to surrender a dormant MC#, I am sure it had something to do with chameleon carriers.

I was hoping to keep Petersons "number" but rename it (kte lite or something like that) I could have rolled it all into Kansas Transit, but I didn't like the idea of pickup trucks running under my authority with the semi's those trucks can get some real BS tickets, and I didn't want my rating to take a hit with nitpicking tickets, and those guys were all O/O's and KTE is all Company trucks.

I am happy with just KTE it gives me some time off when I want it, and have some good people taking care of the important stuff, keeping track of 75 pickup trucks is a nitemare!!! lol

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Grijon and RedForeman Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    The old adage, where there is smoke there is fire, holds quite true. So it turns out the wheel wasn't reinvented, it was the same old wheel with a recap on it. I really think what turned somse folks off with big bad bill was his attitude of being smarter thanveveryone else. Wonder how the trucking MBA school is doing?????

Western flyer, Terry270, LBZ and 3 others Thank this.
  4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Tone goes a long way. Especially in a text format. Myself, and I presume others, didnt give much credit to a lot of the post in that thread because of the tone used. It came off as a rant. It's that old saying, "not what you say but how you say it." And then we had others with a long history here saying the opposite. That should explain why people didn't rush to believe you.

Terry270 Thanks this.
  5. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Turns out his tone was correct.. And the ones there a long time were hoping to get there money. If you had frequenting some other Facebook pages. You would have known there was far more to the story. No matter his tone, turns out he was telling the truth.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah he was telling the truth. They skipped out on paying him. And a lot of others too. I suppose it was a waste of effort on my part in pointing out a lot of people that quit also did some bad things when they quit. I should never have been in a position where I felt like I had to defend them anyways.

If they had been on the up and up and paid people like they were supposed to, none of that would have happened. I apologize to anyone there that felt like I was dissing them or their claims. I wasn't. I was mad about how everything was going down and hated to see the company tore down. You invest several years of your life into something, you believe in it, you don't want to see it go to hell or people piling on. A lot of them were outsiders that had nothing to do with it anyways. Just a big bag of pop corn and a cola taking pot shots at others misery.

I remember telling Bill a long time ago how drivers put up with so much #### out here, and he knew that because he was one, but they will generally stand with you through good and bad - as long as you don't mess with their pay... Mess with a driver's pay and all bets are off. It's just a terrible situation all around. What else can be said?

Knucklehead, Grijon, RedBeard and 21 others Thank this.
  7. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I would like too know too.

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    She was up BBB's butt all the time. She didn't agree with him on anything and let it be know she didn't like him ..... Sounded like they knew each other (maybe)

daf105paccar and rickybobby Thank this.
  9. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    No, I think autocar just wasca straight up gal and saw the symptoms, I met and had dinner with her once, an impressive lady competing in a mans world and doing it rather well I might add.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  10. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Rollin, youbwere honest in your thoughts and b believed in him, there is nothing wrong with that, you simply thought itvwas something different, no one can feel bad towards you for feeling as you did. I can sense the disappointment in your words. You only are guilty of believing in someone, that's all.

11. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Cat sip, that was why she ended up getting banned wasntbit, a disagreement with bbb

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.