F2F Transport / Farm2Fleet: My story with no happy end...

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by mp4694330, Jun 9, 2016.

1. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Sorry, I worked this week, got back home from SE and enyoing time with family and friends.

Heard only crickets chirping...will put more when have more time.

But HUGE THANK YOU for everyone, amout of support is overwhelming!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Looks like F2F's insurance company gave the FMCSA a 30-day notice of cancelation on May 23rd. 3 days later they reinstated the insurance with the identical policy number:

Screenshot_2016-06-13-17-27-34-1.jpg

Since it was only 6 months into their policy, the most likely cause is the premiums went unpaid too long and F2F paid only after being notified their policy was being canceled.

icsheeple, Grijon, boom192 and 6 others Thank this.
  4. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    That is what sucks about not having your own insurance. If it is canceled then you have no idea and you as the owner of the truck are on the hook for anything that happens.

5. Erick Evans

Erick Evans Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Minneapolis, MN
    I just noticed that they "rebranded" and changed their name from Farm2Fleet to F2F Transport.

boom192 and double yellow Thank this.
  6. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    I'd be on the look out for a bankruptcy restructuring of old debt if the names are changing and merger's are taking place. I cannot think of any company that would want to take on another with bad debts that go unpaid it's a liability for them at that point.

7. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I'm not going to be a BBB supporter nor am I going to say anything bad because I've never had any dealings with Bill or his company.

However there are some facts to be considered,
    F2F Transport was issued authority in 1983, it has been transferred 3 times since then and revoked 6. Last time it was revoked was 03/08/16 and reinstated 03/15/16.

Farm2Fleet however was issued contract authority on 12/10/2010 and has no other activity or history.

passingthru69 and Erick Evans Thank this.
  8. Erick Evans

Erick Evans Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Minneapolis, MN

Attached Files:

catalinaflyer and double yellow Thank this.
  9. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
  10. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Maybe DW,

But a name change is the last thing that you want in this industry because new company's with little or no track records are always paying a higher premium or are tasked to an insurance pool and the highest premiums, both on C&L and WC, not to mention companies with new authority numbers come up for mandatory and more frequent audits than existing companies.

Unless of course you changing your name is the only avenue left ???

Obviously, I don't have any stake in this and wish everyone the best.

Lone Ranger 13 and Erick Evans Thank this.
  11. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    Back before deregulation there were produce brokers that handled regulated freight all the time. Many companies had the words "Farm Lines" after their names so as not to be stopped as much.

These companies would start out with high paying, fast paying freight until they got a lot of trucks on board. Soon instead of pay when the bills were turned in to paying next week, then to paying after the next load, then even later than that. Next was bounced checks that were always the banks fault. Most O/Os were in three or more loads deep by this time.

Next, the doors closed, usually on a Friday. On Monday the place was open with a new name on the building and paperwork. Same people working there. When you asked about the bad checks, the answer was "That was the old company, this is all new." Followed by, "We have a load to Texas that pays great, and payment as soon as you turn your bills in, ready to load it up"?

If you played their game and got all your money, then switched brokers until they reopened with the new name, you could always get some good freight. With every name change, the first 6-8 loads paid good and quick to get people back hauling for them. I've seen 8-10 different names on the same building with same people running it.

There were some professional con artist brokering back then. One guy I knew bilked a mob owned company out of over a million dollars and skipped out leaving him with hundreds of bad checks to honor on top of all the money that was stolen by the bilker setting up his own brokerage and double brokering through his place to the place he was running for the mob guy.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    speedyk and Grijon Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.