F4T6UY’s Big Fat Thread of Accountability

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by F4T6UY, Jul 10, 2022.

1. F4T6UY

F4T6UY Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    I’ve already picked up my daily activity and I know my mentality has changed. So more positive decisions are around the corner.

To be honest, I live a pretty lethargic lifestyle on my off time, and I’ve been getting more done this past week. That in itself can be a big leap.

Hell, I even thought about going for a walk yesterday. And then thought about it again today. Change is a comin’…

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    What does that do for it?

4. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    So I've been hearing a lot about this smoking meat when cooking. Is it healthier cooked that way? We've been cooking our steaks in butter just in a skillet. I've ditched all grains an been sticking mainly to meat, eggs, am bacon. Eat some vegetables. Do the ndk coffee in mornings. We're out 3 or 4 weeks at a time so we cook on the electric skillet. I've lost 20 lbs. Just started teaming again so my schedule is gonna get all crazy again. Eventually may try canning cuz it sounds like it would save a lot of fridge space. Anyways , great thread.

F4T6UY Thanks this.
  5. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    No sir, I just like smoked meats. Trying to mix it up. And always wanted a pellet smoker.

Although I’ve heard that different heating techniques can affect the molecular structure and nutritional breakdown blah blah blablabla…..hell, I’ll do a T-bone in the oven under the broiler and eat it with just as big a grin.

I wanted to try canning, but the freezing in the vacuum bags works. But now since I’ve started staying out on the road 2-3 weeks at a time, and I’m trying to take this eating thing serious again, I would really like to try canning. Good way to have grab-and-go food that you don’t have keep refrigerated.

JoeyJunk and Professor No-Name Thank this.
  6. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    upload_2022-7-17_9-1-2.jpeg

Baby back ribs, beef ribs, and a brisket went in the smoker this morning. We will eat the ribs tonight and tomorrow, but the majority of the brisket is going in the freezer.

And someone mentioned that they don’t like reheating barbq. While I’ll agree that fresh off the grill is always best, I’ve been taking this brisket and pulled pork out of the freezer all week and it is still phenomenal!!

Im trying to build up my freezer stock, but I’m still at home, and won’t be leaving for another week or so.

truckerman75103, JoeyJunk and Coover Thank this.
  7. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Some things reheat better than other. Brisket flat not as much as the fattier point where the burnt ends come from. Pulled pork, and the fattier meat from st Louis style ribs de boned I have all thrown into freezer, and pulled out months later and reheated tin foiled over in the oven set at no higher than 225deg.
    :rolleyes: Everything always taste great a restaurant that serves BBQ, guarantee you 90% of what is served to you is been in cooler a couple of days and usually all that stacked split wood and antique looking smoker is for decoration and to draw in the tourists.

truckerman75103, JoeyJunk and F4T6UY Thank this.
  8. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    Stepped on the scale today. 252. Big whoop. Only down a pound 8 pounds from 260 (when I got back from my trip). Only a pound and a half from the pic (253.5).

Fairly disappointed, but I will continue on.

God prefers Diesels and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  9. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Don't be disappointed, its progress.
    Only supposed to drop1-2 lbs a week on a healthy diet not crash and burn fads.

Wait till you plateau or slightly gain weight.
    Had a doc try to tell me I was getting fat just by looking at numbers on scale. Said I gained 15lbs from last time said thats funny I went down a pants size until she took measurements neck 15.5 waist 33.5" but according to the generic chart im fat ok

JoeyJunk and F4T6UY Thank this.
  10. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    Yeah, I’ve been here before…but still. I easily grabbed another hole on the belt, so I was just expecting that initial 10lb loss atleast.

But I know this works for me. And now that I’m documenting my ups and downs for all to see, that’ll help keep me in check.

Coover Thanks this.
  11. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Lose one pound a week. Look back in a year, and it's 52 pounds. And the benefits don't start after that year is over. They start immediately, and get better and better through those 52 weeks. I mean, I know you know this, but I just want to throw in some encouragement.

Only being down eight pounds is better than being up five.

Speedy356, Opus, Coover and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.