Failed in TN. Need to get CDL. What are my options?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Stephendipity, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Stephendipity

Stephendipity Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    Thank you. Funny you should mention it - I almost did that!

I had a 'friend' (probably inspired by a potential 'referral fee'), who offered to take me there and 'set me up' with the Examiner @ Roadmaster for the process you describe, and even 'front me the money' (I'm pretty poor right now - that last 'failure' wiped me out). She flaked out 3 times - and didn't tell me plans had changed until the day we had agreed to go - and claimed the Examiner was the one that put it off. Since I had passed up several temp/contract jobs, I had no income coming in, and I was pissed.

I thought about just going by myself, and called Roadmaster, but they wouldn't discuss it on the phone (of course - what they're doing is 'cheating' to get around some strict regs). I'd have to go there. I'd also heard that they don't require payment 'up front', and assist you with finding an Employer/Sponsor. I'd like to have tested this theory, and reported back to all of you, but while I was hesitating before taking that 'leap of faith'....

... my boyfriend proposed, and I accepted! <3 So now I'm in the process of moving to yet another state. ('State of Confusion'? lol) I'll have to start the process over here. And in order to afford the move, I have to work whatever jobs I can find right now, then I can will my CDL here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.