Fairwell to the Streakin Beacon

Discussion in 'TMC' started by joecool313, Oct 14, 2009.

1. albhb3

albhb3 Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2009
    you guys know what they say if it walks,talks, and sounds like a duck.... it usually is

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sensei2006

Sensei2006 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Effingham IL
    Seldom Seen 80 : that guy is full of crap. Longest I've ever waited for a load was 20 minutes.

And in Monee IL? I can think of 10 major shippers within 50 miles that I've been to personally. One of them where TMC has a dedicated account.

4. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    so what your saying about truck washes is that tmc doesnt stand for to much chrome anymore it stands for to much crud?!:biggrin_25521:

5. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    O heck yeah! As can I! I live in Naperville here and I know of a ton of places in this area that we load out of.

As for the wash thing, I have taken my truck to 2 beacons. I try to take it to Pride, 18 wheeler, or truckomat. They do the best job for sure and I do take pride in my truck. I pay out of pocket for them to use that spray wax or rainx on there to.

6. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    What I am about to post here is just "in-state" rumor or hear-say, so take it for what it's worth.

TMC is known to be 'big babies'. For some reason, seems they have always thought they were Gods gift to anyone they do business with.

Started when they got rid of their Kenworths. The Kenworth dealership would no longer work with them (TMC) under THEIR terms.
    TMC TRIED to name their own low-ball price per truck when buying in bulk, Kenworth told them "can't do it....too low".
    TMC stuck with the Paccar family, but moved on to Petes through a different dealer in a show of protest, with the 'assumption' that they would "break" the Kenworth dealership (as if TMC were their only customer).

EZ-Pass? Same thing. TMC tried to haggle with EZ-Pass, and felt like they should get a better deal since they travel toll roads. EZ-Pass told them to pound sand.....and TMC pulled out thinking they are going to "break" EZ-Pass for the loss of their business.

Now Beacon Truck Wash. TMC cried for a better rate, and Beacon said no. So TMC pulled out thinking the Beacon is going to suffer.

TMC has GOT to realize that their company is not big enough to make or break anyone and everyone that they choose to (or not to) do business with. Sounds like they need to get over themselves, and move some #### freight.

7. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    The beacon thing was a while ago. We still use them as an option to get the truck washed but I know I refuse to use them just for the simple fact they are called streakin beacon for a reason and a black truck just adds to it.

As for the freight, O we do move a lot of it LOL I am moving all day everyday except for my 10 off. I am also curious about what kind of trucks TMC is getting ready to buy here in the next 6 months. I know they wont buy Freightliners but maybe it will be some K whoppers again, who knows. I can say though that I love this pete that I am in and in all honesty I think I would buy this truck from them for the right price.

8. coolhandkh

coolhandkh Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NW Florida
    I hope they stay with the petes. I don't mind KWs I even worked at a KW dealership in Spokane Wa. One of the reasons I want to work for TMC is the trucks.

9. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    See now....I never could (and never will) understand that.
    There are a lot of trucks with just as smooth, or smoother ride than a Pete 379.....and EVERY other truck out there has more room in it. What is the appeal?

Newbies like them because....well.....they "look cool". And old guys like them because ....well....they "look cool". And billy-big-riggers like them because....well....they feel bigger because their truck "looks cool".

Give me a big Volvo, or even a Freightliner Classic XL if you need the chrome breathers and side smoke stacks (that create another blind spot).....atleast they got some room in them, and ride every bit as nice as a 379.

10. dirtyjerz

dirtyjerz glowing beard pouty kid

Jun 7, 2011
    Playing in Traffic
    They are testing the 386's and 388's right now with the cummins motors. Still 13 speeds as far as i know. Staying with the petes.

11. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

They are cute trucks. :biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.