Falcon Transport Ceases Operations

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

You know, nobody cares much about drivers when this happens but if there are dumped/missing/lost loads out there? I hope someone goes after the principles with a class action.

EDIT: How would a fleet owe a broker? Wouldn't they be trying to buy loads? (Yeah, yeah, I guess they sell them too. Book for $3/mi. Sell for $2/mi end up on the load board for 40 cpm.)

jamespmack and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Exactly ! I know I and couple others didnt believe this at first and stood up up for falcon assuming nobody would stoop to the lows of arrow ...we were wrong !

4. Infosaur

I wonder if shippers will put bounties on Falcon trailers?

They sort of did that about a month after Arrow closed people would come on the board and say, "we're with XYZ Corp and we're looking for a load on Arrow trailer #6789. Our customer's production line has ground to a halt and we need this product delivered ASAP! We'll negotiate a reward. Please IM."

Maybe we need a Falcon spotter's thread?

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I heard rumors some of arrows stuff got locked up in machine sheds and hasn't been seen since .

6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    My my......kinda useless, but funny

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. Infosaur

8. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Well some have there own brokerage dept. Then contract to non leased, or independent brokered trucks. Then not pay them.

bzinger Thanks this.
  9. trucking for family

trucking for family Light Load Member

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    Comprehensive logistics shares the same address and when I applied to Falcon many years back ( 2003 I think ) they where somehow linked to them. They are now separate and hired a lot of the falcon drivers on the spot. It sounds like they took almost al of them from what I’ve read.

Comprehensive has a lot of freight in my area but I had no idea just how big they where. They are not a great company from what I understand but they are not bad either and don’t pay bad. Lots of local work.

I can say if I had been in one of the falcon trucks I would fill it take it home bobtail and hold it hostage till paid or compensated. In other words it would probably set for 5 years or more in my drive rotting away till a court ruling.

10. trucking for family

trucking for family Light Load Member

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    Yup I have two bags a microwave and some coats. If it doesn’t fit in there I don’t take it aside from a small tool bag, tow strap and air hose... I can unload and walk from any company in minutes and leave no trace I was there other than a clean truck. The food goes into a sea bag that I have stored away if I need it.

NEVER trust a trucking company they aren’t there for you they are there for investors profit.

The fuel never gets below half after getting a fuel card ( accidentally ) shut off on me once. 7 hours to turn it back on, late load and one really pissed DM because I refused to fill their tank out of my pocket to deliver. ( Yeah Right ) you can’t keep the card turned on I can’t trust you for reimbursement.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  11. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    How about offer to get them home and then a car to orientation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.