False Accusation of Bribery

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Large Marge, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    I don't know, we've been early to Americold but never late. I'll ask around.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    FYI-Depending on your customer this is relatively easy to get around--Americold is famous for playing appt. games--telling YOU when you can load--BUT IF you are hauling directly for the company storing with Americold--it usually only takes a call to the company using Americold for storage to turn this around--I doubt it will do any good with a load through a broker etc..But it can be done--of course then it ALMOST always handled at a level above that particular whse managers head
    Just a thought!

4. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State

Actually you are exactly right. The company I worked for was a private fleet and WE were not only hauling the product but we WERE THE CUSTOMER buying it also. All we had to do was call them and let them know if we were running late for our appt or whatever. We would usually go right to a door when we got there. But even if we didn't we were paid $20/hr wait time anyway and they were charged $180/hr after the first one if we weren't loaded. :biggrin_25525:

'olhand Thanks this.
  5. Large Marge

Large Marge Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2011
    California
    Thank you all for your opinions. Some responses made me giggle and some were definitely food for thought. To answer a few questions, yes, I am indeed a woman. No, I'm not large, I'm medium. By the way, Large Marge is a character in the movie, Pee-wee's Big Adventure. Also, I am not the accused.

Our corporate office is heading the investigation, and I'm following my manager’s direction by assisting in gathering information for our employee. Also, two more of our employees were present during the alleged incident--the forklift drivers/loaders-- whose written statements I’ve already received. The investigation is progressing slowly. The accused has been calling in for status updates of the investigation, and has informed me that he is looking for an attorney (pro bono) to fight the accusation. I haven't seen the alleged victim's statement yet, but my manager has, and he finds it peculiar that the statement is vague. In other words, he was expecting to read a detailed account of the conversation between the shipper and the trucker, but it was not written in the statement. Also, what is certainly disconcerting is that the statement was written by someone else, a translator. My manager and I learned that the alleged victim is not fluent in English, and we feel that something may have been lost in translation. Certainly there is more information to be uncovered in the coming days/weeks.

6. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    And you are discussing this in a public forum?

7. outerspacehillbilly

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Well what better way to get the facts straight? :biggrin_2559:

Texas-Nana Thanks this.
  8. Texas-Nana

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest

All right drivers........let's all say today's magic word in unison:

BOGUS

Yes lilbit she/he/they are claiming it's a very professional investigation that she/he/they are discussing in a professional manner on an open forum.

Bless her/his/their lil monkey faced heart.

9. outerspacehillbilly

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    So large Marge is lil? :biggrin_25523::biggrin_25522:

10. Texas-Nana

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    lil' as in little

sheesh

I still think "Marge" is fake.

What company do you work for Marge?

11. outerspacehillbilly

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    I think Marge is really Homer!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.