Family Says 10-Year-Old Indiana Boy Killed Himself After Bullying At School

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, May 17, 2024.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The school says they have no record of Sammy Teusch being bullied, but did say they met with Sammy Teusch parents 20 times and the bullying continued.

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    Magoo1968 and exhausted379 Thank this.
  3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Parents should have pulled him out of public school when the bullying started and put him in private or online school.

4. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I agree completely. To abdicate your responsibility as a parent to what is laughingly referred to as the "public education system" as practiced today is a risky business.
    The content and atmosphere in todays public schools are toxic and in most cases goes completely against the values of the family.
    Somehow they are too busy to make themselves aware of this.

I can remember when my sons were in elementary school, this is in the late 1980's, I made it a point to visit and audit several of their classes during the year.
    Some of the teachers welcomed my presence, but there were others that were outright hostile to the idea. I was on good terms with the Principal, so they went along with it.

It sent a huge message to not only the teachers, but to their classmates as well, don't mess around with my kids.

5. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Kids are so mean. I remember dealing with some of those idiots growing up. They almost always grow up.to be nasty adults. Had some bully bosses over the years who.needed their ##### whooped, they never learned.

6. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    And hence the tragedy here.
    Like it or not, in school, which a breeding ground for what my mother referred to as the "rude and ill-bred", combined with peer group pressures is what makes it so toxic. It is a microcosm of the real world. And as you pointed out, everyone has to deal with this for their entire lives.

Call it socialization, street smarts, whatever, it is up to the parents first to teach their children such bad people exist in the world, and the skills to deal with it.
    If that fails, then you go to the bullies parents, mano a mano. If that fails, then you put the school on notice they are now in the mix, remind them of their legal responsibilities.

Some of those bullies seek out occupations where they can indulge their twisted passion. I believe as truckers we have witnessed our fair share of such individuals.

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    One of my male classmates in high school was very effeminate and was bullied constantly.
    Personally, I liked the guy and thought he was a nice person.
    Anyway, a few months after graduation he killed himself.

Crude Truckin' and exhausted379 Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Sammy "The Bull". Gravano had dyslexia, was bullied, and did poorly in school. Teachers classified him as being "a slow learner".
    He has admitted to 19 murders as a Mafia hitman. He's now a social media star living in Arizona.
    Salvatore "Sammy The Bull" Gravano - YouTube
    [​IMG]

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Francis T. "Mickey" Featherstone (born September 2, 1948) is an American former mobster who did several mob killings in NYC.
    He was bullied throughout his life and was bullied while in the Green Berets in Vietnam, allegedly because he was baby-faced. The medics, while drinking, held him down and circumcised him.
    After returning to NYC he became a mob hitman.
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

10. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    When someone is depressed or being bullied they think it’s because of themselves. It really most likely the people around them causing them the problem. When parents fail to help or stop the bullying, a kid will think nobody can help them or stop it.

How could his parents not see the problem and find a solution like others said private school or online school.

gentleroger and smokey12 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.