Fan won’t shut off on a C15 cat

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Perchie15, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Perchie15

Perchie15 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2021
    Yup I’ve done that for longer that is to

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Perchie15

Aug 16, 2021
    I had unplugged that sensor and was still nothing and thrown me a engine code. When I did not 100% sure it was the intake sensor tho cuz that’s not the code that popped up

4. Perchie15

Aug 16, 2021
    I did wait for atleast over 3mins when I jumped the high pressure ac switch which is right above the rad right? I notice there was some switches in the ac lines along fire wall not sure what they were tho. Gather one was the low side? And no the computer just kept saying fan was on if that’s what u mean? When I pushed the fan override then it’ll pop on computer it was on or off

5. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    You need to monitor the AC fan request in the ECM-Something is commanding the fan to stay on. I think you are seeing the Fan on state, which will be on when the fan is. The Fan cycle switch goes open at high pressure to turn the fan on. So an open circuit will result in a fan on condition. Pull test the wires for being broken inside the insulation. Ohm the wires from the switch to the ECM. You are checking the correct one on the Rad. Should be a orange switch?

6. Perchie15

Aug 16, 2021
    Yea it’s orange. Jumped the prongs together n left it idle for awhile n nothing happened. Then the intake temp sender is on drive side above air compressor roughly? That’s what google showed me. I did find rubbed my though loom but wasn’t it. I’ll have to tackle it tomorrow n see. Any other switches that could be setting it to stay on?

7. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    AC fan cycle switch and Cab manual On/off switch are most common. Cant think of any others at the moment

8. Perchie15

Aug 16, 2021
    Thanks all for the help!!! Found a broken wire

Goodysnap and Roger McG Thank this.
  9. maconhadalata

maconhadalata Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2014
    newark, nj
    mine had the same problem...easy fix

bad-luck Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.