Farm2Fleet New Hire Orientation

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by BigBadBill, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    The doors it opens being under Bill's authority far outweigh any few pennies per mile you might keep on your own. I did a $4.33 a mile to the truck average on 1,050 loaded miles this week, oddly enough the deadhead miles taking me right back home are going to be right at 1,049 miles. Picked a load off tonight, didn't realize it is disaster relief for LA feel a tad dirty about it, not my usual freight 339 loaded miles at $2,200 gross. That's the one that allows me to deadhead 500 miles home for the holiday after I get it offloaded later tonight. I would never have access to this load without being a part of Bill's company and having access to Sylectus. That is the benefit of forgoing authority. My loaded miles average is going through the roof, this in a time when freight is slow. When it picks back up my deadhead will go down and look out. Have to be highly motivated, none of this just fell into our laps..

MNdriver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Non-tangible things that you do with the support staff that gives-a-#### and makes things happen.

I picked up an ltl today and bought blankets for it because it was the right thing to do.

The same drive that got me to do is also there in the support I am getting from Lauren Hood in the relations we are building with our clients.

Chris has found a niche he likes to run and Bill and Lauren helped him develop it.

I have found a niche I am enjoying running entirely different and the help is there to help me develop it

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i understand your statements.

my statement was about bills comment about profiting off drivers. LOL.

5. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Yeah, had some guy say that if I make a profit that I am "evil" because it is off the hard work of the drivers. Apperantly anything done in the supply chain process other than driving provides no value to the driver. And the money I speed on sales calls, business development and marketing events should be donated out of my pockets.

6. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Guess he forgot that if YOU don't make a profit, all those guys leased on to you no longer have an authority to run under. (You get what I mean, I hope.)

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  7. starsonwindow

starsonwindow Medium Load Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona
    BBB You are doing a GREAT Job, I wish I had my ducks in a row to where We could look into me coming aboard, Maybe sooner then later. Thanks.

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    like i said, what's the difference.

it don't matter who we run for. or who's authority we run under. there's always gonna be a cut of hte pie.

9. jtanner10

jtanner10 Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Rollin Coal,

I hope everything is working out for you with F2F? Could you provide us with an update on the breakdown of what you averaged to the truck for the month of Sept? How many DH miles per week did you average? How many loaded miles per week did you average for Sept? I have read from your posts that you want to secure the highest freight possible, but what is your weekly "target" gross to the truck?

For what you are hauling, are the rates going up, down, or staying the same? How are you securing the majority of your loads? Self dispatch, or using Bill and his team? JT

10. russtrucker

russtrucker Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Central PA
    Nice, once I turn 21, I will join your team. I will have 1 year experience by that 2015. Already have some months experience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.