Fast Food Drive throughs for 18-wheelers?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by WI Student, Mar 11, 2008.

1. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    :sign3:

Next thing you know, we`ll be hearing stories about trucker`s butts becoming fused with their seats like the ones in the news about the ultra-obese people becoming one with their couch after so many years of not moving off of it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel Smoke 84

Diesel Smoke 84 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2008
    La Pine, Oregon
    I have never takin my rigs through a "legit" big truck drive through but I did take a log truck through the Mc Donalds drive through in Oak Ridge Oregon one time when I was 18. I got a lot of wierd looks but the girl who handed me my food thought it was the coolest thing she had ever saw.

4. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

:biggrin_25514:10-4 on that driver.

I know if they had a drive thru at McD's it would mean you could get a good case of the squirts without having to leave your truck.:biggrin_25524:

D.Tibbitt and Intothesunset Thank this.
  5. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    What's scary is you just KNOW someone tried it...hence the sign. :biggrin_2556:

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. desert_son

desert_son Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Liberty Hill, Tx
    After driving for a few hours I need to get out strech my legs then walk off some of the calories I just put on.

D.Tibbitt and Intothesunset Thank this.
  7. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    YEP! lol....:yes2557:

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

Right, one is in Hibbing, not sure about the other one. They have two lanes for ordering, one for cars and another for trucks. The truck one has a raised ordering menu thing at eye level for the drivers...then you order and pull up to the stairs which are just a set of concrete steps that go right up to the truck. They come out with your grease and the worker has a coin changer on their belt and such for giving change. Plenty o room for manuvering too.

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  9. johnthemouse

johnthemouse Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I would like to point out a truck drive thru in Oklahoma that is designed for trucks.

I think it is great to pull up and order and then you can be on your way. But like it was mentioned someone will have to sit in the way and take there break. So does anyone know why we have this new breed of drivers that think they can just park anywhere to take breaks??

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  10. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    Years ago I pulled up to Wendy's. You might have to do some maneuvering but there is no overhang so you can get right up to the window. You'll have to shut down so they can hear inside.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Leave them alone. (Don't be stupid...) they are not built for your big rig.

Grumppy and Intothesunset Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.