FAT people are Discriminated against at prime

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mikebrown611, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Like U2 said, there's 101 pages... whups! 102 pages of the same thing here...

Its not about "big" - its about not being able to get proper rest leading to drivers who fall asleep behind the wheel.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jerrytdd

jerrytdd Light Load Member

May 10, 2011
    savannah,tn
    Its just primes way of ripping you off. Go to fmcsa web site and read the sleep apnea part. it only affects about 4 percent of 1557 drivers seriously,and if you live within 50 miles of penn state university, were the study that the feds didnot throw out took place. Check with other places that give physicals, compare their prices and you will see what prime is doing. OH and do they still trot out the old woman who tells you that she is so happy that the investors saved prime? LMAO

4. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Actually I have. Cheaper? Not that I've seen - especially if you're negative for sleep apnea, and certainly not for the test, supplimental care/service, and equipment. Oh... unless you go to Home Depot and hook up a Shop Vac backwards to an army surplus gas mask...

:biggrin_2559:

5. Butterbean126

Butterbean126 Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2011

Not really the same. If your race, or loss of limb, or height cannot be controlled. these can be considered disabilities. Being fat is a choice (unless there is an actual medical reason for it) and you can choose to lose the weight. I know it is hard, but it can be done.

I knew a Sergeant in the Army who got out on a medical disability due to her gaining weight. She was huge by any means. She claims it was her thyroid. I would have been more incline to agree, if I did not watch her wolf down two chicken sandwiches, a couple bag of chips and two candy bars along with a two liter of pop. Oh and that was after her midmorning cheeseburger snack.

6. justawheelholderfornow

justawheelholderfornow Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    personally, if I were a company; insurance risks/rates aside:
    I would ask myself
    "If this person doesn't care enough about themselves to take care of their body, why should I think they would take care of my $200k in equipment?"

Typical problems with America...I'm fat and unhealthy, but it's not my fault.
    You should sue your employer, Taco Bell, McDs,et al... Pilot/J/TA for having those places available to you, WalMart for allowing you buy unhealthy foods...sue your mom for not teaching you better eating habit. sue your 3rd grade teacher for teaching you about nutrition, but not following up with you 30years later to make sure you were following it...But whatever you do, DO NOT TAKE ANY PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR SHAPE/CONDITION/HEALTH! I'm sure you went to bed last night at 120lbs, and woke up weighing 280!

OR....

Get off your fat arse, step out of the truck once and a while, and exercise. (Just because you break a sweat trying to reach your shoes to tie them, doesn't mean that is 'exercise'
    Eat a freaking salad instead of the buffet (with a DIET Coke of course) and take of yourself.
    Or continue to be unhealthy, fat, and lazy, but stop whining about it, and making it everyone else's problem/fault.

7. TheTank

TheTank Heavy Load Member

So which truckstops have a treadmill or weights in them? Maybe a full service health club?? Just askin.... :biggrin_25522:

8. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

some of the TA's have a Health Spot, its a Gym inside the Truck Stop, the one in PaulsBoro, NJ has one....

American Trucker

9. Lifeboat#5

Lifeboat#5 Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Milton, FL
    My wife weighs over 400lbs and it has absolutely nothing to do with what or how much she eats. She has Lupus and has had polycystic ovarian syndrome since early adulthood triggered by pregnancy. We have both been Paramedics for over a decade each and have always been active. My weight problem is my fault. She did nothing and does nothing to contribute to hers. If eating right and excersizing were the keys to weight loss then she would be 100lbs. Don't generalize. All it does is demonstrate ignorance.

ORT WIFE Thanks this.
  10. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Our terminals in Springfield MO and Pittston PA both have weight rooms with cardio equipment, and the Springfield terminal has a full-size basket ball court.

11. justawheelholderfornow

justawheelholderfornow Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    It's pretty safe to generalize here...she is 1 case in 10000. My heart goes out to her for her Lupus...it can make so many other ailments so much worse.
    Paramedics? Seriously, I would not want an overweight paramedic coming to my aid in a life/death situation. No matter how excellent you are at it, I wouldn't believe it upon first impression. Much like I will never listen to an obese doctor, or one who smokes.
    My mom, and at least 5 other 'dis-proportionately large' people I know all have the same story "I started gaining weight when I took Prednisone." So one cycle of Prednisone (be it a week or month cycle) and now 15 years later, you weigh 300+ lbs?!?!
    My mom for instance (5'2' 250#) can't lose weight, and she "only eats once a day"...THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM!! STIMULATE YOUR METABOLISM!! You can take in only 600 calories/day and stay huge. You need to confuse your body, stimulate your body, etc...
    Again, medical conditions which cause severe weight gain and/or inability to lose weight are few and far between. That is, until the liberals who use motorized carts to buy Ho-Hos at Walmart get laziness re-classified as a medical condition. (it won't be long, you can already get a handicap placard for your car and collect disability for being a tub of goo)
    And if I've offended any of you morbidly obese people. GOOD! GET UP AND CHASE ME!! You'll thank me later!

jagerbomber3.0 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.