FAT people are Discriminated against at prime

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mikebrown611, Sep 14, 2010.

1. gatorbaiter

gatorbaiter Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2011
    3rd Rock
    I was 460 pounds when I decided I needed to take care of myself. I got down to 250 and other than a some loose skin I look pretty healthy. When I was big I had a hard time sleeping and was going to be tested but had insurance problems. When I lost the weight I mentioned that I was sleeping better but was tired a lot. He said it was likely the calorie restrictions and not worry about it. hat was 6 years ago. I decided to follow my dream and become a trucker through prime's school. They told me at my BMI I would not need a sleep test unless there was any outside factors.

I had the physical doc said my throat was narrow which had been mentioned before. He asked about sleep apnea diagnosis to which I said it was suspected but I was never tested. So I had the test. I had 14 episodes that night. Got my machine. Now after 3 weeks of using it I feel great every morning and I dream. I haven't dreamed in years. All I know is I am glad I had the test the machine and that my company requires I use it so that I do not endanger my self or you family while driving this Rig.

In my thinking I drive their equipment haul their freight and hold their safty reputation in my hands. If they want to ask me to use the machine that is their right. If I do not want to that is mine and I can take my CDL elsewhere. For me and my family Prime is my choice of who to drive for. So I follow their policy. If they request I wear pink tennis shoes for saftey then I wear them. I may not like it but their company their rules.

cholosgirl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lifeboat#5

Lifeboat#5 Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Milton, FL
    Here's an excellent example of proving ignorance. When someone can't breathe, or they're dying from a gunshot wound they don't care what the Paramedic looks like. I don't look like I weigh what I do either. And my weight has nothing to do with my health. My cholesterol is better than the "ideal"...my Triglycerides are perfect, my blood pressure and heart rate are identical to a Marathon runner. Weight problems as a result of poor diet and lack of exercise alone are about 30-40 percent. And to assume that "lazy" people in wheelchairs are "liberals" is another ignorant statement. Before you open your mouth and make a comment on someone without having any of the facts immediately erases any credibility you have on the subject.

4. justawheelholderfornow

justawheelholderfornow Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    lifeboat, cry me river of gravy tears...

5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Would you like a quarter ? Then you can go try calling someone that cares!

6. jerrytdd

jerrytdd Light Load Member

May 10, 2011
    savannah,tn
    Well lets put a yellow star on all of these fat people and load up the boxcars! Prime has really turned lose all of the company shills trying to change the subject from discrimination to being fat. If you do not treat everybody the same that is discrimanation! Sleep apnea affects average size, and skinny people the same as it affects fat people. But then thats the kind of arguments you get from people who pay 2 to 2.5 times higher prices for a $45.00 physical.

7. zebcohobo

zebcohobo Vincent Van Gopher

Jul 19, 2010
    Redbank,SC
    Prime doesn't discriminate. They treat all fat people the same. If your neck is as big as your thigh, you get the sleep study. And from what I've read the quality of sleep drivers get from using the cpap is worth it. Prime isn't the only company doing this either and I wouldn't be suprised if more companies followed suit.

8. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    .The government has spelled out who we can't discriminate against in the work place and fat people are not on that list. I discriminate every day in some form or another, we all do. I call it being selective or even choosey, some prefer to call it discrimination which seems to inflame people's passion. Flip a coin, heads or tails, left or right,
    slacks or shorts, blue or red, water or soda, wood or brick. Pick one over the other I'd guess one of your possibilities is going to be "discriminated against"

mainerguy Thanks this.
  9. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    LOLOL

LMAO!!!!!

Thank you! THATS FUNNY!!!!!!!!

10. Dylan.J

Dylan.J Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Deale MD
  11. Dylan.J

Dylan.J Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Deale MD
    edited for content

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.