FAT people are Discriminated against at prime

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mikebrown611, Sep 14, 2010.

1. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    It does when it's done correctly. Problem is the very incorrect height vs weight has become so standard that people don't even realize that's not the right way.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. arni

arni Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2010
    this post bis old so I have had time to observe your question where r the replacement drivers from, answer: 3rd world countries. Can't read, write or speak English but somehow they get a CDL license. I was in a Wyoming Scale house watching the DOT officer reprimand the driver saying :How did you get your license? you can't even speak English to me" oh well, that the future of trucking.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    And when this happens, the DOT should put him OOS and confiscate his cdl on the spot. Then not let the truck move until that company get somethere with a cdl that speaks english to run the truck.

5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Exactly right. We have a sign at the entrance to our truck yard. It says "Only English Spoken Here". I suppose some day we'll get into trouble for that. But until then the sign stays...as does the policy.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You just might get sued if the wrong idiot sees it.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  7. bavarian

bavarian Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    Just a week or two ago, I read a report where BMW demanded their foreign workers to speak German in the german facilities.
    Keep on posting that sign. It's your property.

If I speek german at home with my family it's nobody elses business either. But in public, we simply have to adjust to our environment.

Swiss Mountain Dog and gokiddogo Thank this.
  8. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    The wrong idiot could get kneecapped in a dark alley too.

Just sayin

Swiss Mountain Dog Thanks this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I see no problem with that. You want to live in the country, speak the language, or at least attempt to learn it.

10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    That's happened already.
    We rent out a parking area to a couple of the megas. They use our yard for repowers, trailer staging, and sometimes our shop will do minor repairs.
    Other than their drivers signing in and out for whatever trailers they're moving we have very little interaction with them.
    From what we've seen of the drivers we think that's a wise choice.
    About five years ago we got a letter from the ACLU advising us that they were contemplating filing suit against us for "language bias resulting in discrimination"...to wit, our sign.
    Apparently someone was offended by it.
    My sister is an attorney who specializes in this kind of thing. I asked her what she thought.
    She said the sign was advisory in nature, contained no threats and didn't single out any particular non English speaking people.
    She wrote a nice...well maybe a not so nice...letter to the ACLU and that was the last we heard of it.
    The sign is still up. Matter of fact, the paint is getting a little faded. Time for a new sign.
    Oh, and yes my sister sent me a bill for her time.

InTooDeep, Muddydog79, mjd4277 and 2 others Thank this.
  11. bavarian

bavarian Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    That's the nature of lawyers. But at least she took the proper step and solved the problem for you.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.