Fate of the Crete driver from FLA

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Nick352

Nick352 Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Neosho, Mo.

Yes, that would work. Then you would here the infamous "Click" :biggrin_2559:

Semper-Fi
    Nick

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    I have stood in the office drawing expense money down in MS while the dispatcher was on the phone to the shipper in IL (600 miles). Shipper wanted to know where his truck was. Dispatcher said he was not sure, driver left in plenty of time to be there. If he calls in with a problem, I'll call you.
    This was in 59. It's been that way in the industry a long time.

4. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Not everywhere The D.A. here said if I recieve the call I can record it without consent.If I make it then I need consent.But laws are different everywhere.

5. Highballin

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Driver is all ways at fault never the dispatcher.That CO.policy.

6. Highballin

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    If parents would have made them ride the bus insted of driving Illigal only the bus would have been hit not saying that no one would of been hurt or taking up for the driver.Illigal is Illigal no matter who is at fault.

7. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    Better yet, tell the dispatcher you will only act based on qualcomm instructions. A quick photo of the screen with a good digital camera (test in advance to make sure things are readable) will give the written evidence you need. I heard a driver say that he told his dispatcher to send it on the q/c or he wouldn't do what the dispatcher was telling him to do. He also told the dispatcher that, after he received the q/c message he was going to pull in to the next scale and show DOT. Needless to say the dispatcher never sent the message and backed off. The driver said he never received a write up and the dispatcher never tried to pull that again. The fault lies with, and don't get mad at me for saying this, the driver. When a driver just says "Yes sir" and does it, then the problem expands. If the driver stands up and says, "No way" the industry will change. However, in many cases it is greed on the part of the driver trying to get that load done so that another can be had to earn more money. Safest, smartest, and professional thing to do is RUN COMPLIANT.

8. Sarge

Sarge Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    North Florida
    It's not just the drivers fault here.
    The company has that qualcom data, they know full well how long that truck has been sitting or not and whether it was longer than the required 10 hours or not. That makes them just as much to blame as the driver. The management of Crete is just as much to blame as the driver, they killed those kids just to make a buck.
    Unfortunately, this situation won't be the last, there's too much greed out there.

9. Highballin

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Yes and Crete is not the only one.

10. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    That's why I say that Crete needs to be made an example of and hard so that other companies will finally realize that enough is enough. Drivers need to be safe on the road and they CANNOT and SHOULD NOT keep making up the slack for everyone else's mistakes. AND drivers need to refuse to drive or log illegal. We CAN make a difference as a result of this.

11. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Agreed- run legal and you have less problems. It's quite simple- permits, routes, hours... When we quote, it's underpromise and overdeliver, that' show we gain customers, rather than the other way around. It's not worth the consequences to run illegal, and it's nice to have a management group here that wholeheartedly agrees and supports that.

Easy rule:

1. Good
    2. Fast
    3. Less expensive

You may have 2 out of the three.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.