Fatigued Or Distracted

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Apr 17, 2024.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    JB7, Bud A. and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I saw this video recently. I was thinking the description was using sensational language to describe the hard hit.

Nope. No sensational description was used. The truck really did smack that Jersey barrier purty danged hard.

• • •

Saw my own version of this tonight heading south on I-35 through Austin, Texas...the Los Angeles of Texas.

A bonehead was speeding along in the left lane and didn't see slowed traffic in time. He braked hard and skidded into the Jersey barrier on the left banging up his left side purty good with two hits on his fender and rear tire well.

The hard carom turned his Toyota directly between the second and third lanes where it came to rest about fifty feet in front of me.

Fortunately, there was no one cruising the third lane. I thought he might be injured and end up blocking the number two and three lanes, but he quickly recovered and eased himself onto the shoulder where he eventually rejoined traffic.

The Toyota took it like a champ and there wasn't much visible damage from my vantage point. The car was still roadworthy with no wobbly wheels.
    20240417_012407.jpg

Bud A., mjd4277 and Albertaflatbed Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.